Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

error code - 31-11-45 (622 DVR)

Ca not recieve any signal

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Folks....

I could use a little advice.

I own all my DishNetwork equipmnet.  I bought my 622 at Costco.  I bought two dishes - one for the HD LNB and a second dish for the two SD LNBs.  I ran RG6 from one dish to the other, then ran RG6 from the second dish to my 622 DVR.  I have a DishNetwork spliter which puts the signales into two coax inputs in the back of my 622.

All has worked perfect for many years.  Maybe 5 years?  I thought my 622 ran a bit warm, so it always sits on a laptop cool pad which runs 24/7.

About 3 weeks ago I saw different lights than I normally see.  Starting from the left, the two light under "MODE" I found the left lamp is off, and the right lamp is orange.  To the right of MODE I have two lamps under TV1.  Both are not light.  To the right is TV2, and the left most light is blue, and the right most light is not light.  This is what it looks like when the 622 DVR is off.  When I turn it on, under TV1, the left lamp is green.

I am recieving nothing.  I can only see what is stored on my hard drive in the 622.  The "aquireing signal, never sees anything, and then the DVD goes to a error screen.

Reading the manual, it told me how to do a hard reboot.  I open the right most door on the 622, and press and hold the power button until the unit shuts off.  This forces a reboot and it tried to aquire a signal again.

Every time I do this I see nothing when it tried to aquire a signal.  Both my dishes and bolted rock stedy and pointed the right way and have worked in 50MPH wind storms, and also have worked in snow and when incased in ice.  I believe they the pointed correctly.

This morning I bought 50 feet of new RG6 at Lowells, and ran a new cable from the SD (2 LNBs) dish to the back of my 622, and nothing changed.

The error screen that come up after the 622 can not fine any signal says "Signal Code: 31-11-45"

It also lists the serial number of my DVR and also lists a long number for a smart card (which I do no use).

As I own all of my equipmnet I am relucent to call DishNetwork because I do not know if they will help me with customer owned equipmnet.  Do you think I should call them?

Can any DishNetwork teks here offer me any advicce on what I should do next?

Any advice wpould be apperciated.  This set up of mine has worked great since I instaled it, and the HD is lovely. 

Thanks in advance.

jack

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

There is no way not to use a smart card... unless you are not subscribing to legal services from Dish... in which case there would be no help for you here.

Outside of that...  it sounds like either a receiver failure or switch failure (the built-in switch on your Dish)... either of which could be a costly replacement to guess if that is the fix.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

There is no way not to use a smart card... unless you are not subscribing to legal services from Dish... in which case there would be no help for you here.

Outside of that...  it sounds like either a receiver failure or switch failure (the built-in switch on your Dish)... either of which could be a costly replacement to guess if that is the fix.

I am totally legal.  Do I have a smart card in the back of my TV or 622?  I can not remember. Maybe it slipped out or needs to be re seated??

jack

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

The receiver either has a built-in smart card or it has one inserted into the slot.  Since it is giving you a number for it on the screen, it is obviously there and recognized by the receiver...  It sounds like your problem is either switch related or receiver related... either of which would require having a replacement part to swap out in order to see if that was the fix.  I'm not sure what else you can do on your own.

You could try PMing one of the DIRT reps here (Dish employees) and see if they have any ideas.  Purchased equipment does have a warranty, but you said 5 years so that wouldn't apply...  if you pay for the maintenance plan then you'd get some relief there, otherwise I'm not sure.

#5 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

If you lived near me I could loan you my old, purchased 622 to swap in to see if your 622 has failed.  Do you have a friend or neighbor who might do this for you.  It wouldn't have to be another 622, it could be a 211 for testing to see if your dishes are OK.

If you should happen to have a DPP44 switch in your setup, it could also be the power supply for the switch which could have failed or come unplugged.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

If you sign up for the Dish Protection plan, Dish will send out a Tech who will fix it for $7 a month for 4 months = $28.

If you wish to cancel the protection plan within 120 days there is a $25 fee, but after 120 days you can cancel anytime or retain the protection plan @ $7/month.

Owned equipment is replaced just as if it were leased, no problem, that is why there is no particular advantage to owning over leasing.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

If you lived near me I could loan you my old, purchased 622 to swap in to see if your 622 has failed.  Do you have a friend or neighbor who might do this for you.  It wouldn't have to be another 622, it could be a 211 for testing to see if your dishes are OK.

If you should happen to have a DPP44 switch in your setup, it could also be the power supply for the switch which could have failed or come unplugged.

That is a good idea.  I will look for neighbors and friends who have dish and then bring my 622 to them and plug it in.  I did not know that would work (moving my 622 to another persons house).  But yes, that would prove the problum into or out of my 622.  Thank you for the great advice.  I will try that.  jack

#8 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

If you sign up for the Dish Protection plan, Dish will send out a Tech who will fix it for $7 a month for 4 months = $28.

If you wish to cancel the protection plan within 120 days there is a $25 fee, but after 120 days you can cancel anytime or retain the protection plan @ $7/month.

Owned equipment is replaced just as if it were leased, no problem, that is why there is no particular advantage to owning over leasing.

Hello Jim5506.  Great news!! Thanks.  I am glad I have that option available.  I will use that as a last resort if I can not fix it any other way.  I can not remember when I installed this.  But the 622 had just been released.  I saw it at Costco and decided to do the home install my self.  At the time I thought that maybe I would swap out the hard drive for a larger one.  But the hard drive in it worked just fine for me.  Then, I learned I could plug in an external hard drive.  So I never played with it.  I have to say my set up worked perfect since I installed it.  Thanks for the good tip.  I am going to see if I can find out what the errow code means.  jack

#9 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I will look.  It has been so long I can not remember.  I have what looks like a spliter that my RG6 goes into and it splits the signal into two.  Then I have two short (maybe 1 foot) pieces of RG6 and they go into two inputs in the back of the 622.  I will see if that is a DPP44. 

#10 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I will look.  It has been so long I can not remember.  I have what looks like a spliter that my RG6 goes into and it splits the signal into two.  Then I have two short (maybe 1 foot) pieces of RG6 and they go into two inputs in the back of the 622.  I will see if that is a DPP44. 

No, that is called a separator and it allows the input cable from your dish setup to carry two channels and it 'separates' them into two separate signals for imput to your 622.

If you have more than one dish, it is possible that you have a switch of some sort connected from the dish(s) to combine the signal for running to your receivers.  Maybe I have that backward.  My DPP44 switch allows the collection of signals from two dishes and has multiple outputs for going to more than one Dish receiver.  Over the years I have had more than one receiver going at a time, two 622s, one 722, and a couple of 211s with the ability of adding even more receivers if I wanted to.

A DPP44 or other larger switch is a silver square about 6X6 inches with four inputs on the left, four passthroughs on the right and four outputs on the bottom for feeding receivers.  It needs to have power supplied to the number one (left) OUTPUT for it to work and this is supplied by a small power block which feeds power into the switch and also feeds a signal out to a receiver.

The power block is often mounted someware behind the TV/Dish Receiver but in my case I have it mounted inside the garage wall where I have the cables from the dish come in from outside.

PS.  My bet is that your 622 has died.

PPS.  Sorry for rambling on...................

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#11 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

No, that is called a separator and it allows the input cable from your dish setup to carry two channels and it 'separates' them into two separate signals for imput to your 622.

If you have more than one dish, it is possible that you have a switch of some sort connected from the dish(s) to combine the signal for running to your receivers.  Maybe I have that backward.  My DPP44 switch allows the collection of signals from two dishes and has multiple outputs for going to more than one Dish receiver.  Over the years I have had more than one receiver going at a time, two 622s, one 722, and a couple of 211s with the ability of adding even more receivers if I wanted to.

A DPP44 or other larger switch is a silver square about 6X6 inches with four inputs on the left, four passthroughs on the right and four outputs on the bottom for feeding receivers.  It needs to have power supplied to the number one (left) OUTPUT for it to work and this is supplied by a small power block which feeds power into the switch and also feeds a signal out to a receiver.

The power block is often mounted someware behind the TV/Dish Receiver but in my case I have it mounted inside the garage wall where I have the cables from the dish come in from outside.

PS.  My bet is that your 622 has died.

PPS.  Sorry for rambling on...................

Hi Grandude.... After reading your post, I can say I do not have a DPP44.  Yea, it looks like my 622 is very sick.  I can still view movies and TV shows stored on it's HD.  But that is about all it can do.  I am thinking about putting up a antenna and seeing if the 622 will recieve OTA.  MY neighbor has this and he can pull in over 10 channles, and most are in HD.  jack

#12 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Without a working satellite connection, you will first lose EPG data for those OTA (and other channels that you already can't watch)... then eventually will lose the ability to watch the DVR content... so it would be better to get it sorted out sooner rather than later.

#13 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Without a working satellite connection, you will first lose EPG data for those OTA (and other channels that you already can't watch)... then eventually will lose the ability to watch the DVR content... so it would be better to get it sorted out sooner rather than later.

OK.  I tried looking for a DIRT to tell me what the error code means.  I tried to stop that post and point it here, but I could not.  Any ideas how I can find out what that error code is?  Do you know any DIRT on this forum I could PM?  Thanks for your help.  jack

#14 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

I found a buddy with DishNetwork.  I am bringing my 622 to his house to see if it fails.  Then we are going to bring his DVR to my house and see if it works.  That should tell me if my 622 is broken or not.  We are doing this after Thanksgiving.  I will report back.  Thanks to everyone for the help.

I will keep everyone posted.

Can I go anyplace and find out what Signal Code: 31-11-45 means?  I googled it with out much help.

jack

#15 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Stewart....  I unscrewed all the connections yesterday, and screwed them all back in. I started at the roof and worked my way to the DVR.  All was well.  I hooked a OTA antenna up.  But I do not have access to the menu any more.  All I can access is the stored movies on my DVR.  So I was unable to test it.  :-(

#16 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

I found a buddy with DishNetwork.  I am bringing my 622 to his house to see if it fails.  Then we are going to bring his DVR to my house and see if it works.  That should tell me if my 622 is broken or not.  We are doing this after Thanksgiving.  I will report back.  Thanks to everyone for the help.

I will keep everyone posted.

Can I go anyplace and find out what Signal Code: 31-11-45 means?  I googled it with out much help.

jack

Your receiver is trying to communicate with your outside equipment and 3 indicates no response received.

The next number is your satellite signal lock status, and 1 indicates lost lock.

The next 1 indicates that you are not experiencing a signal issue.

The next 1 indicates that YES, your receiver has been reset prior to the signal code appearance. 

The next step is a device check and the 4 is telling you that there is no reply. By device check I mean your switch matrix is being checked.

The final number is again a check with outside equipment. The number 5 indicates that because no response was receiver can't check the peripheral port on the LNB. 

Short version, I would start by checking your install and cabling etc. You can test your receiver at your friends but be sure to run a checkswitch but odds are, you need a technician.

#17 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Your receiver is trying to communicate with your outside equipment and 3 indicates no response received.

The next number is your satellite signal lock status, and 1 indicates lost lock.

The next 1 indicates that you are not experiencing a signal issue.

The next 1 indicates that YES, your receiver has been reset prior to the signal code appearance. 

The next step is a device check and the 4 is telling you that there is no reply. By device check I mean your switch matrix is being checked.

The final number is again a check with outside equipment. The number 5 indicates that because no response was receiver can't check the peripheral port on the LNB. 

Short version, I would start by checking your install and cabling etc. You can test your receiver at your friends but be sure to run a checkswitch but odds are, you need a technician.

Hi Godfather.  Thank you so much for the good intel.  All good information to know.  I will try the 622 swap out and then take it from there....  Thanks for the good help everyone.  jack

#18 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Stewart....  I unscrewed all the connections yesterday, and screwed them all back in. I started at the roof and worked my way to the DVR.  All was well.  I hooked a OTA antenna up.  But I do not have access to the menu any more.  All I can access is the stored movies on my DVR.  So I was unable to test it.  :-(

If you don't have access to the menu, that definitely sounds like a receiver problem... or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Here is the link to the sticky post in the Main Dish Forum where the list of DIRT reps are so you can PM one of them: http://www.dbstalk.c...ct-information/

#19 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

If you don't have access to the menu, that definitely sounds like a receiver problem... or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Here is the link to the sticky post in the Main Dish Forum where the list of DIRT reps are so you can PM one of them: http://www.dbstalk.c...ct-information/

Thanks.  I called DN today.  They said it was probably my 622.  He could not get into my ethernet for some reason.  I am taking it to my buddies house after thanks giving and testing it on his wiring and dish.  If it is bad, I am going to pony up the $7.00 a month and have them come out and replace it.  The price is right. 

I am not sure if I will then lease the one they replace it with, or if I will own it.  I hope my bill does not go up. 

I will try to contact a DIRT between now and then to see if I can do anything else.

I appreciate all your help.

jack

#20 OFFLINE   Tiny

Tiny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

I have 722 and have been getting 32-12-45 codes it  only happens with external hard drive connected, when I disconnect hard drive everything is fine, hope u have better luck than me lol........... 

spam firewall