Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Roamio

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,186 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Network-wise, everything is working great since disconnecting the Ethernet. Let me ask you though - what are your SNR readings? Mine are all 42 or 41. I've always had minor pixelation and hiccups with the FiOS DVRs, but never thought it could be related to a too hot SNR. I've been reading that 42 might be way too hot for Tivo and I'm wondering if that's why I'm seeing what I would describe as increased pixelation on some channels. Thinking of adding in a splitter or two before the Roamio to knock back the SNR.

Yep, same readings here. I added a splitter.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,186 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Have posted my Roamio thoughts: http://forums.solids...mp-Observations
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#23 ONLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

Unfortunately, I bailed on the Roamio experience. It just wasn't working well enough and didn't want to miss my return/refund window. (Not with that much upfront money in play.) As comparatively weak feature-wise as the FiOS Motorola DVRs are, they've always worked well. So back into service they go. 

#24 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,186 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

Unfortunately, I bailed on the Roamio experience. It just wasn't working well enough and didn't want to miss my return/refund window. (Not with that much upfront money in play.) As comparatively weak feature-wise as the FiOS Motorola DVRs are, they've always worked well. So back into service they go.

Sorry to hear it.

My Roamio/Mini setup has been perfect since I switched to the FiOS splitters. Still 100% signal strength, but I needed to tone down the signal a little. I only had one tuning issue a few weeks ago, but it was showing some tuning errors (corrected/uncorrected) on the DVR Diagnostics screen. It's been issue free with a zero error count since I switched to the officially supported splitters. I went with the new MoCA 2.0 FiOS splitters, though it's only MoCA 1.1.

Will keep my summary post updated: http://forums.solids...mp-Observations

#25 ONLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, I tried a bunch of things with splitters and attenuators, MoCA, Ethernet, etc. but it was just too flaky. I may have been able to get it all working perfectly with more time, but if I didn't, I'd have been stuck with a big cost and bigger frustration. Oh well. Maybe down the road again sometime. Have fun.

#26 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Sounds Awesome, I'm getting excited. :righton:

I wish I could get Fios as well though.

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch