Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Looking for a DIRT - error code 31-11-45

no signal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi....

I am looking for a DishNetwork person (or anyone really) who can help me decode a error code on my 622.  

I bought my 622 at Costco about the time it was released.  I did the install myself.  I have two dishes - one dish has the LNB for HD, and the second dish has two LNBs for SD.  Using RG6, I ran a shot bit of cable from the HD dish to the SD dish, then about 50 feet from the the SD dish to the back of my 622.  I called DN and read them the numbers on the back of my 622 and they turned it on in about 3 or 4 minutes.

All has worked perfect since the install.  It has been maybe 5 years or more (?).  I installed it just when the 622 was released.

A few weeks ago, the lights did not look correct on the front of my 622.  I read the manual and learned how to do a hard reboot which I did (using the power button on the right door on the 622).  When the screen came up that said acquiring signal, it never did move or acquir anything.  Both my dished are bolted down rock solid and have not moved.  Then my 622 gives me a error screen.  It says "error code 31-11-45"  And then it lists what I think are the serial number of my 622 and a card number.

I replaced the RG6 that ran from the roof to to the 622 and that did nothing.

I am looking for a buddy that has DN and I am going to bring my 622 over to his house and see if it still fails.

Can anyone tell me what error code 31-11-45 means?

I understand I can subscribe to a DN protection plan and I will do that if I can not fix this.  But I would like to make sure it is not something I can repair my self first.

Thanks in advance.

jack

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

i had that error on my receiver before, but for me it happen when I replaced a wire and put it in a different input. so maybe when you replaced your wire you accidentally screwed into the wrong port. 

#3 OFFLINE   mraroid

mraroid

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

i had that error on my receiver before, but for me it happen when I replaced a wire and put it in a different input. so maybe when you replaced your wire you accidentally screwed into the wrong port. 

I will try that.  Thank you. 

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Your existing thread in the 622 support forum is already in the right place and getting replies.  You can of course PM a DIRT rep for further info/help if you wish too... but starting another thread in another forum is only going to divide the people potentially helping you solve your problem.

Closed duplicate with link to your original thread:

http://www.dbstalk.c...-11-45-622-dvr/

-- I like to go fast (not really)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: no signal

spam firewall