Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How many series can Series Manager on HR44-500 (Genie) hold?

hr44-500 hr44-500_genie series_manager_size_limit series_manager

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GoHurdler1

GoHurdler1

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hello All,

I recently had an HR44-500 (Genie) installed. My old HD-DVR is the HR22-100, which I have kept to add as part of the Whole Home DVR Service. The HR22-100’s Series Manager could only hold a maximum of 50 series. How many series can the Series Manager in the HR44-500 (Genie) hold?  I have seen different answers online from 50 only to 100 (on HR34) because it has a 1 terabyte hard drive. DirecTV customer service hasn’t been very helpful. They just seem to be guessing from their answers to me and then I had to rephrase the question because they thought I meant how many HD hours of programs the DVR could record.

Yes, I actually want the size limit to be more than 50 series because it’s a waste of time and just flat out annoying to have to delete multiple series so you can then add a new series, and then you can’t find the deleted series again until they are about to go back on the air again.

So how many series can the Series Manager hold on the HR44-500 (Genie)?

:hair:

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,003 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,172 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

Laxguy is right. And you can add Series that aren't even on the schedule yet as well. I just added Intelligence, coming in January.

And I can't believe how fast we hit 100 series links! We still have to delete stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:21 AM

DVR's and houses. I have found that every time I move up in size, I find a way to fill them.

Laxguy is right. And you can add Series that aren't even on the schedule yet as well. I just added Intelligence, coming in January.

And I can't believe how fast we hit 100 series links! We still have to delete stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

• Supramom2000 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

I still use boolean searches.....allowing me to combine many shows into 1 series link...I probably can get close to 150 shows to auto-record in that 50 series link limit....

Let's say you watch several shows on FX like this:

AANY JUSTIFIED ANARCHY AMERICANS TTITLE CCHANS 248

There are 3 shows in 1 link right there...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hr44-500, hr44-500_genie, series_manager_size_limit, series_manager

spam firewall