Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

C41-100 Slow IR response

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Big Dish

Big Dish

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Has anyone else noticed that when using an IR remote with the C41-100 Genie client response is slow?  It almost always have to press a button multiple times for it register.  I have an HR44-200 Genie server and everything works great on it.  I want to use my Harmony One IR remote, but it's extremely frustrating.  I confirmed I have the latest software as of 11/25/13.  With RF the response is perfect.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

My RC65RX remote is fairly slow with the client, but not needing multiple presses.  I've found the client response time to be slower than the HR44 regardless of which remote I use.  But it sounds like you are having a particular issue.  Have you tried the RC71 for comparison purposes?  Does your Harmony remote work quickly on the TV itself?

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,735 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Has anyone else noticed that when using an IR remote with the C41-100 Genie client response is slow? 

Yup. agree.  at least with the RC71

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

Well its definitely slower than the 2 C41-700s and HR44-500. I have one C41-100 and the IR remote doesn't even work half the time I use the RC71 but occasionally I want to use the RC65 because it turns on my speakers or I've dropped the RC71 behind the bed.

#5 OFFLINE   Big Dish

Big Dish

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

I've tried it with the RC71 in IR mode and the C41 is slow to respond.  I contacted DirecTV support and they sort of implied it's normal.  They only support the RC71 remote in RF mode.  The person I spoke to did say they would report the issue because I believe it is software related.  I believe the IR response was better prior to the latest update.

#6 OFFLINE   Big Dish

Big Dish

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

It seems like if I reboot my HR44 and then the C41 the IR response on the C41 is better for a while.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...