Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

OTA Oregon Public Broadcasting Channel 10.2

10.2 wrong schedule

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Since about the time I bought my the 211k receiver with the OTA tuner, which I do use for local TV, as I get the sub channels, which Dish does not carry, but there has been an error in the Tribune guide.  How to I go about getting the Tribune guide changed that Dish uses? The reason I ask is that Tribune lists 10.1 and 10.2 KOPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) exactly the same schedule. 10.1 is KOPB and 10.2 OPB+. The first channel runs regular PBS but the second channel runs a mix of Create and Worldview. I have called KOPB and they say that Tribune has made the error and not them. KOPB has 3 channels and  10.3 in audio only and that is correct. Only 10.2 is incorrect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Patrick

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

If Zap2it has the same error for 10.2's listings, then it's up to KOPB to provide them the correct listings.

If I were to guess, it's probably that at one point pre-transition one of them was PBS's HD channel and the other was an SD simulcast of the analog station and they never bothered notifying and following up with Tribune when they changed the programming on 10.2.

Edited by KyL416, 26 November 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Zap2It has the correct listing, but the Dish guide is incorrect.

#4 OFFLINE   gor88

gor88

Icon

• Registered
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

Send an email to dishquality@echostar.com describing the issue.  Also, you should try to contact the chief engineer at KOPB.  Both need to get the right PSIP id set up in the OTA information.

I had to do this in 2009 in the Jackson, MS market for our ABC, FOX and MyNetworkTV affiliates.  It took a few weeks, but it got fixed.

Ironically, they need to do this for WRBJ 34, which flipped from CW to Trinity.  Subchannels 2-5 don't have any guide data.

#5 OFFLINE   russ9

russ9

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

It's wrong for SOPT as well. At least they are consistent!

Dishing it up since 4-4-1997
vip722K hooked up to a bunch of stuff. Like a bigger TV.

Soon to be on Dish network, explained by a BBC spokesman

#6 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Thanks. I sent a request to Dish and hopefully they can change 10.2. I would like to record programming to the hard drive to watch later and it is not easy to check another guide and then set the timer on the Dish receiver for 10.2. Plus I would have a full 9 days of guide with Dish .

Much appreciated for the info. I will keep my fingers crossed.

#7 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

This morning I was checking the guide and  10.1 and 10.2 were different. Thank you Dish for getting this fixed. Thanks to everyone for their help. Much appreciated.

#8 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

An update. The problem was fixed for one day but now today, the guide is wrong again with both 10.1 and 10.2 showing the same programming. Hopefully Dish can get the problem fixed. I e mailed them again. There must be some glitch in the system.

#9 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Another update. I heard back from Dish and they are working on the issue and should have it solved in a week or two. So it does look promising.

#10 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

As of today, Dec 12th, the guide is fixed. It is nice to see the different programming schedule on 10.2  Thank you Dish.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...