Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Receiver freezing, mostly after commercials

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Had my 722k do some interesting things starting yesterday. The screen would freeze every so often. The odd part of it is that it only seems to happen during commercials. That is, watch the show with no problem and then the channel we're watching would go to commercials. Everything would seem ok until you got to the end of a commercial (seemed to be the last commercial before either going back to the regular show or regular advertising for that specific channel). The remedy would be to just change the channel and change back and everything would be ok. Tried waiting a few seconds but nothing would happen. Tried to skip back using dvr, and that did nothing. In fact, when doing that it wouldn't even change the channel or anything and I had to reboot the receiver. When watching a movie channel with no commercials, we can watch it for hours and hours and not have it happen. Only seems to happen when the commercial channel is trying to switch back from commercials to regular programming. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the problem could be (something with the software, hard drive, etc.).  

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Guess not :D. Started to do the same thing this afternoon after being ok for awhile after soft reboot. Tried rebooting by unplugging it for a minute or 2 to see if that helps (didn't download program guide like it usually does after a hard reboot...interesting)....

#3 OFFLINE   mrp10

mrp10

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSpacecoast

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Mine is doing the same thing, started a few days ago. Tried reset (red button), pulled power (20 seconds - booted up quick - seeemed to work for a while).  Today it is back to doing it.

• dttruax likes this

#4 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Mine is doing the same thing, started a few days ago. Tried reset (red button), pulled power (20 seconds - booted up quick - seeemed to work for a while).  Today it is back to doing it.

Well, in a way, I guess it's a good thing that I'm not the only one having this problem. Since it only seems to be during the commercials, I would have to think it's like an uplink or software bug.... but I don't know how all that works. I would think if it was the HD, it would do it in the middle of a show or at random times. Weird. 

#5 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Software version seems to be L802

Last connect 11-11-13.... hmmmm, wonder if it is a software bug since we both noticed it happening fairly recently. 

#6 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

It appears we aren't the only ones. Over at the "Official" Dish support forum, many, many users are reporting the same thing, especially during commercials w/changing the channel fixing it..... weird. 

#7 OFFLINE   superJess

superJess

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

We have been having this problem too. I didn't realize it was happening only during commercials - I'll have to pay attention. We don't watch live TV that often.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#8 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

We have been having this problem too. I didn't realize it was happening only during commercials - I'll have to pay attention. We don't watch live TV that often.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

After going back and forth and with many threads and posts with the same problem over at the DIsh support forum, it appears that they finally either "discovered" or admitted to a known software problem with the 622 family of receivers freezing during commercials (specifically Dish Network commercials). There was supposed to be a software update roll-out starting yesterday to address the problem. We'll see if it works.... of course this is right after they sent me a new receiver :rolleyes:

#9 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

Which specific commercials were you seeing it  on?

#10 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

Various Dish Network commercials. It would freeze either at the end of said commercials or at the end of a commercial switching to a Dish commercial.

spam firewall