Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey Stop Working After Software Upgrade

Joey

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   epeets

epeets

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

My Hopper & Joey receiver displayed a message “receiver was update message” but after I saw this message my Joey has not worked since.

See attached picture

We found that:

• This happens when you try to watch live TV and or when trying to watching a Recording
  • The Joey is confirm that it linked to the hopper
  • The Hopper is confirmed linked to the Joey
  • The Moca Signal is good
  • I did change the Solo Node Switch
  • If it hit the red button on the Joey Remote I can selected the Hopper and pause play that tuner, but on the Joey we have no picture
  • If I hit the guide button on the JoeIMG_00000295.jpg y remote the guide comes up and it current, but when I selected a channel the screen goes blank
  • If I hit the info button on the Joey remote the full description of the channel appears on the screen, but can no watch the program on the Joey TV
  • If it I hit the Live TV button on the Joey remote, nothing happen the screen stay black

We call this issue to Dish Tech Support, after going through 1 regular rep and 2 advance reps we were unable to get the problem resolved.

We did find that the Hopper & Joey is still old Software:

Hopper: S328 NDEB 8/6/2013

Joey:      S292 ZADH 4/3/2013

I see on line the software is up S428, is there any way to force my Hopper & Joey system to get the new software, or can you suggested any options for us to fix this problem we are having?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

If you have the Hopper with Sling then S328 is the correct sw for the Hopper. S428 is for the Hopper with out sling. I don't know what the sw level is for the Joey but I have S357 on my Joey and S428 (original Hopper). Have you pulled the plug and done a reboot of the Hopper?

spam firewall