Jump to content


Welcome to DBSTalk


Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Got a Genie Today - now iPhone App Remote Won't Work


Best Answer csf97 , 04 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thanks so much for the reply, west!

 

Well, I figured it out right after I posted the question but thought I would provide the solution I found in case anyone else encounters the problem.

 

I went to the DirecTV website and looked at the "my equipment" section.

 

I noticed it had the Genie location as "Living Room" and the old HR 24 which is now in my daughter's room also listed as "Living Room"

 

I changed the location of the old HR 24 to DAUGHTER RM and when I went back into the app instead of two Living Room listings it had DAUGHTER RM and LIVING RM.

 

I picked LIVING ROOM and it connected and worked.

 

So apparently the equipment location needed to be updated with DirecTV in order for the remote to function.

 

Anyway, it is working now and we are really enjoying the improved speed and responsiveness of the new Genie!

Go to the full post


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   csf97

csf97

    Mentor

  • Registered
  • 49 posts
Joined: Jan 10, 2006

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Got a HR 34/700 installed today.  It is connected directly to the back of my router via ethernet cable.

 

When I launch the DirecTV iPhone app, it "sees" the receiver and tells me it is connected but nothing happens when I try to change channels, launch the guide, view info, etc.

 

The IP address on the receiver ends with .147, but the iPhone app is saying it is .149.  When I change it manually to .147 it has no effect on anything and still nothing works.

 

The app worked yesterday with the old "Living Room" receiver and the app now shows me two "Living Room" receivers (only one of which is "connected".  The one that the app shows is connected is the one I have selected.

 

I have deleted and reinstalled the app with the same result.

 

Would appreciate any advice on getting this to work. 

 

Thanks!

 

 



...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

    Icon

  • Registered
  • 946 posts
Joined: May 11, 2007

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

That new receiver could take up to 24 hours before showing up on the app. I have even saw it take longer. You are probably showing the old receiver in the app right now which isn't connected.



#3 OFFLINE   csf97

csf97

    Mentor

  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts
Joined: Jan 10, 2006

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:36 PM   Best Answer

Thanks so much for the reply, west!

 

Well, I figured it out right after I posted the question but thought I would provide the solution I found in case anyone else encounters the problem.

 

I went to the DirecTV website and looked at the "my equipment" section.

 

I noticed it had the Genie location as "Living Room" and the old HR 24 which is now in my daughter's room also listed as "Living Room"

 

I changed the location of the old HR 24 to DAUGHTER RM and when I went back into the app instead of two Living Room listings it had DAUGHTER RM and LIVING RM.

 

I picked LIVING ROOM and it connected and worked.

 

So apparently the equipment location needed to be updated with DirecTV in order for the remote to function.

 

Anyway, it is working now and we are really enjoying the improved speed and responsiveness of the new Genie!






Protected By... spam firewall...And...