Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is your Genie having problems with freezing?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Genie Problems with Freezing (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you having problems with freezing on your Genie?

1. I am not having problems and I use the internal disk (29 votes [37.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.18%

2. I am having problems and I use the internal disk (40 votes [51.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.28%

3. I am not having problems and I use an external disk (4 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

4. I am having problems and I use an external disk (5 votes [6.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ONLINE   khark

khark

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

I have a HR44/500 with 0x797 and never had any freezing until yesterday. I had two instances of the screen turning all one color and freezing for about 10 seconds and then started playing again. Then later the picture would freeze for a few seconds and then start playing again. The last time it froze it didn't ever start playing again and would not respond to the remote so I did a red button restart.

So far it has not frozen since the restart.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   shorawitz

shorawitz

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

I have an HR34/700 (internal) and I am noticing freezing issues occasionally while watching live tv.  It can be fixed by changing the channel a few times.  It seems to subsite if I delete some content from my DVR, so it leads me to believe that I've got some bad sectors on my DVR HDD.

#23 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,620 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

I have an HR34/700 (internal) and I am noticing freezing issues occasionally while watching live tv. It can be fixed by changing the channel a few times. It seems to subsite if I delete some content from my DVR, so it leads me to believe that I've got some bad sectors on my DVR HDD.

have you tried doing the BIST "test"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#24 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,836 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

Yep and VOD seem to be really slow again downloading.

I called Directv and they said they would have another rep call me back to make service call and they never called back. Nice right! $200 a month and thats what you get.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using DBSTalk mobile app

DIRECTV Since 5/13/2012:

Living room      Master Bedroom        Bedroom 2            Bedroom 3       Office/Bedroom 4      

HR34-700  /  C31-700  /  HR24-500 / HR23-700  /  H25-100 

Slimline 5 / SWiM 16 / Premier / MLB EI  / MRV

Blue Ridge Cable Networked 30-3 Mbps 

spam firewall