Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hooked up speakers to Denon AVR2310CI, no audio

Denon Speaker Audio HDMI

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   theromit

theromit

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

I have a Denon AVR2310CI that I connected with my Harman kardon speakers (I *think* those are TKS7, but not sure). I have connected the front L and R, center, sub woofer, surround L and R, and back surround L and R speakers but I get no audio at all.

I tried the Audyssey setup but after going through Front L and center, it aborts and disconnects/suspends the receiver.

I am a n00b, so other than ensuring that there are no wire edges touching the panel at the back, and also ensuring that positive/negative ends are connected properly, I don't know what else I can try to resolve this problem.

Any help?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 907 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Did you get the loud noise from the front and center and then it stopped?

#3 OFFLINE   theromit

theromit

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yes, the test beeps/sounds were heard from front and center before it turned off.

#4 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 907 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

What do you have connected other than the speakers? Also did the power turn completely off?

#5 OFFLINE   theromit

theromit

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Turned out, the wires at the center and front right speakers were touching each other! Once I clipped that end on both of those speakers, all went well.

Separate issue: my subwoofer was not detected by Audyssey setup despite it being on.

#6 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

When I run Audyssey on my setup (ONKYO) the 1st step is setting the sub to 75db and it will not go anywhere until that is done. Did you have to do that as well?

#7 OFFLINE   theromit

theromit

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

I have it at "twelve o'clock" position as suggested.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Denon, Speaker, Audio, HDMI

Protected By... spam firewall...And...