Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Roady XT quit working

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   plantsower

plantsower

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBurson, CA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

My Roady XT quit working properly a few months back.  I then cancelled my service.   It showed and still shows "XM Satellite Radio" when I plug it into the cradle (dock).     I can't turn it  off nor use any of the functions, but I feel the radio is still good.    It quit working in the car and in the home on the same day.   

I can only turn it on by putting it on the dock.   I can only turn if off by taking it off the dock or pulling the plug, I guess.  None of the functions work except to light up and say "XM Satellite Radio."  So, something is working.

I was thinking of calling XM and getting it activated and then canceling if the radio doesn't work after that, and then maybe getting a new radio which I'd rather not do as the XT has features the others don't.   Not sure what else to do.   Any ideas that aren't such a hassle?   :bang

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Kinda sounds fried to me.

:eek2:

I don't know about the features on a Roady, but I have a Starmate that has the 45 min buffer and ala carte channels. Love it, love it, love it!  Might be something to look at.

#3 OFFLINE   plantsower

plantsower

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBurson, CA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks, Legend, you could be right.  But, two Roady's going out the same day?   Bought at different times?   I still am not convinced they are fried.

Rita

#4 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Sorry, thought Roady did not work in 2 different in locations, not that 2 Roady's were acting up.

I'd think XM CSR and tech support would really want to look at an auth problem or an account issue.

#5 OFFLINE   plantsower

plantsower

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBurson, CA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

It's okay.  It's both.   Two Roadys, two cradles (docks).   They don't work in my car or my house.   Have you ever had to deal with XM customer support?  It's pitiful.   They answer questions you don't ask.    :bang

I guess I'll try signing up and then canceling if I have to.   

Thanks again for responding to me.

#6 OFFLINE   richall01

richall01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:02 AM

If you have had it unplug for "a few months" it will lock-up. Do you get programing on channel 1 if no it's history. Had it happen to me  during there free listening weekend. Go to www.Siriusxm.com do a resent signal and see if that helps.  Did not work had to get a new radio. Got a good deal at Best Buy.  

Edited by richall01, 13 December 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   plantsower

plantsower

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBurson, CA

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hi:  

I can't get it to do anything.   So, no channel 1.   It wasn't unplugged when it quit working.   The other radio was, though.   Would having the signal resent do any good if I don't a current subscription?

I've heard of it happening to others during the free weekend.   That's what's so fishy.

I found a cheap one and will order it probably.    I guess it can't hurt to try to have the signal resent without a subscription.   What could it hurt?

Thanks for the idea.

#8 OFFLINE   plantsower

plantsower

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBurson, CA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

Tried to have the signal resent.  No dice.   i guess I will get a new radio.   If it doesn't work, I guess I will just have to throw parts at it.   Grrrr!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...