Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Used H21

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   coltonjared

coltonjared

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

I just bought a H21 receiver for a roommate the other day on ebay. Called directv before buying it and they said it's was safe to buy the rid number was fine so I went and bought it. Today I called to get the access card order so we're not waiting around on it, they are know telling me it's a leased receiver that they didn't want back so I can't activate it and that I never called them to verify the rid number. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm so mad at the fact they called me a lier about verifying the rid number I'm ready to switch to dish network

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

when i call about an rid, they put that number on my account for 14 days so there are no problems.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,746 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

When you originally called, did you talk to a standard CSR or someone in the Access Card Department?

I'd take it up with the seller, and if needed file a dispute with eBay.  I personally wouldn't buy one on eBay, even if the ACDT confirms it.

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,041 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Call back and only speak with the access card department. They are the only ones who can do this kind of thing.

#5 OFFLINE   coltonjared

coltonjared

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

I talked to the access card department both times I called. The seller said he's going to refund my money so now I'm waiting on that

#6 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

DirecTV apparently has 2 (or more) databases; one has everything you want to hear on it, and the other one reflects the real world.

:down:

#7 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,041 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

I talked to the access card department both times I called. The seller said he's going to refund my money so now I'm waiting on that

That is very unusual from The access card dept.

spam firewall