Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any use for old RCA DRD420re ??

drd420

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   srfrdan

srfrdan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

They work great and the same as a D12, but not with a swmm

Still got it if anyone wants it.

i received this d10and it works perfect for my rtv----d

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

a DRD420re is old enough it doesn't have a RID# (Reciever ID #).

This makes is a good spare unit. If you have a receiver that fails, you can put it's card into a non-RID (like this one) receiver, go to the directv website, and click (refresh my services) on that card, and it will begin working in that alternate receiver. No waiting for an appointment with a tech, no fussing with a disagreeable CSR on the phone who doesn't want to reactivate your used receiver, or wants to insist you wait 4 days for a new card by mail, just 5 minutes to change out receivers, and you're back in business.

This used to work, but in the last year or so, switching between two HDVR-2's (non-RID IRD's), this has not worked. Have you tried this recently, even in the last month?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#23 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,826 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

If it doesnt support the APG its useless....

I'm pretty sure the DRE420re was an APG receiver.  I have one in the storeroom that hasn't been used for over 10 years.

Because they don't have RIDs, I doubt they will activate one on any but the original owner's account.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#24 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Nope sadly the RCA DRD 420re is an MPG box... (I had one until December 2013 when they pulled all MPG programming... I now have an RCA 430rg which is an APG box))

Protected By... spam firewall...And...