Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

I want to change a remote from audio "punch thru" back to where the volume and mute control the tv audio rather than a stereo receiver.  The stereo was on av2 and I tried going through the setup on av2 and entering 993 and vol down, but this did not allow the remote to control the tv volume.  I finally reprogrammed av2 to the same tv setting as the tv position of the slide switch.  This accomplished the task but is there a more direct way to turn off/on the audio "punch thru"?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

You could reset the remote to factory defaults, Mute/select, two flashes, then 981, you should see 4 flashes. But this would mean you have to reprogram the TV code again.  Then the remote will control the TV volume by default.  In addition, if you have the remote in RF mode for the IRD, you will need to reprogram that feature also.

#3 OFFLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thanks!  I have another question.  I have a RC65RX set to RF for my HR34 and AV1 set to IR DTV.  I want to change AV1 to RF for an HR20.  What is the process to do this?

#4 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,757 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

All you have to do is go to the tv device on the remote, punch it through to all devices again:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

Now tv volume is in all devices, to restore the av2 volume in just that device:

1. av1 or av2

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press VOL DOWN

aka Tivoburkee

#5 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,757 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thanks!  I have another question.  I have a RC65RX set to RF for my HR34 and AV1 set to IR DTV.  I want to change AV1 to RF for an HR20.  What is the process to do this?

1. av1 or av2

3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

5. enter 9 6 1

6. press CH UP

7. enter last 6 digits of Receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment

8. press SELECT

aka Tivoburkee

#6 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,193 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Edmund, do you know of any Proscan TV codes for an RC65R - that are not in the menu choices already?  I think there were 6 or 7 of them and none of them worked.  I tried all of them twice.

Also,  I have a spare RC71 (because I don't like it for my main usage) that I tried to match up to this Proscan with an old R22.  However, I could not get it to even power the R22 at all. I did the reset of the remote with the mute + select 981, but although the lights blink appropriately, it won't control the DVR.  Any tips?

Thanks!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...