Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Freezing/Pixelation issues on your Genie? DATA COLLECTION

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Kevin L

Kevin L

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Consistently freezes and pixelates on Fox News Channel (360). Tonight, The Kelly File is really having trouble.

SENDREPORT 20140115-35D

HR44-500 0x79e

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   rsblaski

rsblaski

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

I was having the problems described during last week's playoff games. I tried doing resets with no success. What has cured the problem (so far) was doing a reboot of the SWM16. This corrected the problem once before and it seems that it has done so again. I am wondering if I have a bad SWM.

Remember, when it comes to audio/video, more is always better. (This does NOT apply to remote controls!)

#43 OFFLINE   Kevin L

Kevin L

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

This is becoming so tiresome. Continual freezing and stuttering throughout O'Reilly and Kelly File (360)

SENDREPORT 20140116-3E4A

#44 OFFLINE   goony

goony

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

My troubles started about 5 days ago... currently have HR44-200 with 0x79e software. Prior to that, receiver worked just fine (I've had it for 6 months or so). On one occasion, I had to actually power off/on (pull the plug) when I found the receiver totally unresponsive to the remote control.

My experience this event: Watching show live (local ABC affiliate WSYX), screen goes black, stays black. Do channel down/up, original channel working again. All OK on same channel (local channel, BTW) for 15-20 minutes, problem occurs again.

I did a "sendreport" and filled out the form here.

Sigh.

Is there a way to force a download of an older (hopefully stable) version?

Goony

Edited by goony, 16 January 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#45 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Is there a way to force a download of an older (hopefully stable) version?

Goony

no

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#46 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Watched a recording of "Episodes" from last Sunday on our HR44 last night and it froze about a minute or two before it hit the end of the recording. Tuned into the same episode of "Episodes" recorded on our HR44 and it played right through to the end.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#47 OFFLINE   eckhart

eckhart

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

I had not experienced freezing on playback since late December, but it is back on a recording of Life on Mars on PBS.

#48 OFFLINE   mikek

mikek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

Expert opinions:

I having the freezing with the audio continuing problem on a lot of my recordings.  After directv fixes the problem, do you think that my infected recordings with play correctly or are they ruined forever?

#49 OFFLINE   eckhart

eckhart

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Just submitted a SENDREPORT on a freeze during a pause of live TV. When I resumed after the pause, the picture froze and the sound continued. Could not recover the missing video. HR34 on ABC nightly news, local ABC channel. Is there any update on these problems? I can't trust any recording or buffering.

#50 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Expert opinions:

I having the freezing with the audio continuing problem on a lot of my recordings.  After directv fixes the problem, do you think that my infected recordings with play correctly or are they ruined forever?

Do you have WHDVR service?

You might want to post this on another new thread

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#51 OFFLINE   mikek

mikek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Yes I have the whole home service.  The infected programs freeze on other DVRs also.

Edited by mikek, 21 January 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#52 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Yes I have the whole home service.  The infected programs freeze on other DVRs also.

Then I am afraid they are ruined forever 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#53 OFFLINE   ndfan1993

ndfan1993

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

My HR34-700 over the past couple months has experienced the frozen picture/audio continues problem, typically 1 minute into a recording or paused live TV (although a few instances has been the last minute of a program recording). This has now happened on our local Fox, local NBC, ESPN, TLC, H2, FS1, and Fox Sports Midwest - so it doesn't appear to be tied to a specific station and has happened at all hours of the day. I do have an AM21 plugged into it but I have tried unplugging it and still have the same results. I have restarted the machine several times hoping that it would fix the problem but it keeps cropping up. It is really hit or miss and no way to seemingly know when it will occur. It also is not weather/reception related as in some of the instances other programs are recording at the same time and are just fine, which makes me wonder if it is a tuner issue - but still very strange. This has now happened 20+ times since November. Also wondering if an software update this fall has caused some unknown issue with all of these DVR's as everything worked great prior to November and had since its installation last January.

#54 OFFLINE   ndfan1993

ndfan1993

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Did the double reset in 30 minutes yesterday and just a little over 24 hours later had the issue pop up again. I was recording a show and then attempted to watch it live and all it was a black picture, switched the channel and came back and the picture was fine again on live TV. I don't know how the tuners work in the machine, so not sure if that could be part of it. Going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get a solution to this.

#55 OFFLINE   eckhart

eckhart

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Had two more freezes on the same night. One was a sports recording, and one on the local news. I cannot trust the Hr34 to record reliably anymore since early December. Not one problem prior to that for most of a year.

#56 OFFLINE   iacas

iacas

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

SENDREPORT was 20140130-8D5. Was freezing constantly watching almost any program back. Got so bad that changing to a channel would often result in just a black screen with no sound.

Unplugged for an hour or so and then plugged it back in again. Should last for a few weeks. :(

Edited by iacas, 03 February 2014 - 07:46 AM.

Erik J. Barzeski
Personal Blog | Golf Site

My Equipment:
HR20 hooked to Sony 60" HDTV, Pittsburgh Locals, HD Package
HR21 hooked to a Vizio 37" HDTV in the bedroom[/size]

#57 OFFLINE   osu1ne

osu1ne

• Registered
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCanal Winchester Ohio

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Does anyone know if Directv is making any progress in fixing this problem? I sent in many reports before I left for the winter in January. Would sure like it fixed before I get back in April. I can't trust my genie hr34 recording anything.

#58 OFFLINE   ndfan1993

ndfan1993

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

I had a tech out today - replaced it with an HR44, told me the HR34's were "junk boxes" and there is a known issue with overheating causing problems with the tuners.

#59 OFFLINE   jennis2613

jennis2613

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

My HR-34 freezes randomly on any, and all, HD channels. It has gotten to the point that the actual broadcast on all my channels is about 3 minutes behind. Meaning if I have Directv playing on one tv and cable on another (same program) the program on Directv is literally almost 3 minutes behind the same one on cable.

This delay has ruined most of my recorded series / shows because the recording stops withe 3 minutes left in the show (27 minutes for a 30 minute show and 57 minutes for a 1 hour show).

#60 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

cable and DirecTV programming will never be in sync.  DirecTV signals have to "travel" much longer to reach your house 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...