Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recordings end early

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rocat1997

rocat1997

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi all,

I've got a VIP722. Occasionally, I record a show and during playback it will end about 1/2 through the playback. Every time you try to view it, it ends and the same spot. I recorded a 2 hour movie and it stops playing at 58 mins, even though it shows a 2 hr show. Even, the progress bar shows a full recording. I have to rerecord the show to view it properly. Any ideas on why this happens? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   d_cubed

d_cubed

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee,WI

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Do not know reason but have had this happen on my 722k several times and just again Sunday while recording REVENGE. Showed 1hr recording, but only had 20 minutes of actual programing. This has happened on OTA and SAT channels so often that I download every program as a Bittorrent the next day just in case it is screwed up. This problem has showed up on all 3 722k's that I have had. I have given up explaining this to DISH.

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hi all,

I've got a VIP722. Occasionally, I record a show and during playback it will end about 1/2 through the playback.

You can try this: watch the show right up to *before* where normal playback stops.  Now do a forward skip.  You might find the rest of the show is still there.

I have had this happen on occasion, and it seems as though there is a glitch in the recording that kicks you out of it.  (On rare pccasion, a glitch like that causes my receiver to reboot.  But that happens less than once a year.)  But if you don't actually try and watch through the glitch, but to jump past it, I've had luck still being able to watch the rest of the recording.

#4 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

This is a known issue on the 722k.  I worked with a Dish Engineer a few years ago trying to have them upload my logs, replace my DVR so they could examine it.  Dish proved totally inept at correcting the issue and never followed through.

Sad.  I've been a long tome Dish customer and supporter, but on this issue they'vencompletely dissapointed.

Skipping ahead does nothing to correct... again a 722 K issue.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

Hello all,

We do understand this has been an issue that has troubled our 722/722k owners and we are gathering as much information to resolve this issue.

In a PM message please include the phone number on the account and the following information:

How far the event skipped –

Are you using FF/RW or skip forward or back –

Was it live TV or DVR recording –?

*If you’re able to test a VOD event or IPTV event to see if the same issue persist*

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...