Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2014 rate increase email

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

If it wasn't for live boxing and golf, I could cut the cord myself and be just fine.  Well, I could if I was the only one in the house.

IPTV for multiple boxes is still an issue for many of us in the more rural parts of the country.  We can get 12-15Mbps 'net service which could suffice for 2-3 HD video streams most of the time.  But bandwidth caps are here with the cable company though not with the DSL provider.  I have 12Mbps DSL service, but I'm at the far end of the distance allowed for that and usually get between 10 and 11.

So instead of 'justifying' sticking around, I chose to 'rationalize'!!   :)

Isn't 10Mbps DSL enough for 2 tv's?

I'm asking because if I upgrade, that's the only speed I can go to.

I'm looking real hard at IPTV and droping down my core package.

The Dish bill continues to increase, while losing channels I watch, and a month of Epix is not going to cut it.

Three channels of old repeats for 30 days doesn't ease the $60 a year rate increase.

Edited by satcrazy, 13 February 2014 - 12:30 PM.

chris

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

I can't get cable, or OTA. Dish and DirecTV are my only options, unless I want to "cut the cord" and just use my Roku and my optical disc collection.
I have one 722, and one TV. I don't care about sports channels. I've watched the rates creep up while I feel what I get for my money has decreased.

#83 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

With multisport add on that is not a good comparison, might as well add Directv sport pack for $12.99 which will bring price up to $163.98. And I'm a Directv sub.

The Premiere package includes the Sports pack, along with the other premium channels.

#84 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

The Dish bill continues to increase, while losing channels I watch, and a month of Epix is not going to cut it.

Three channels of old repeats for 30 days doesn't ease the $60 a year rate increase.

I just removed STARZ and Blockbuster to compensate.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#85 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Are you listening Dish!!

#86 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I'm sure Dish is listening and concerned.  However, the content providers need to listen and they think they can keep charging higher and higher rates for their networks, which in turn raise cable & satellite costs.  More short term thinking on the part of corporations.  

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

Protected By... spam firewall...And...