Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22: 0x079b Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,243 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22, version 0x079b.

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...94-hx2x-0x079b/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.
Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,243 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Release notes updated.

• JerryM likes this

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   Juanus

Juanus

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

what does RC66 remote support entail? is this for RF or IR and Did RC66 remotes not work before?

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,946 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

what does RC66 remote support entail? is this for RF or IR and Did RC66 remotes not work before?

support for two communication for the RC66

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

The adult icon removal was a good choice.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,946 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

The adult icon removal was a good choice.

Yup, I would never understand why it was there in the first place...

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

I'll bet that got a ton of complaints, just like where the playboy channel got moved too then got moved away from again.

#8 OFFLINE   Juanus

Juanus

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

support for two communication for the RC66

The reason that I ask is because I have been using an RC66RX with an HR20-700 in RF mode for a little while now and it has been working perfectly. (And I still haven't gotten this update on that box yet) so I was wondering how that was possible if this was the first release that has this ability in it. Or what exactly this support covers and what changes should I expect when I get this update.

#9 OFFLINE   coconut13

coconut13

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

The reason that I ask is because I have been using an RC66RX with an HR20-700 in RF mode for a little while now and it has been working perfectly. (And I still haven't gotten this update on that box yet) so I was wondering how that was possible if this was the first release that has this ability in it. Or what exactly this support covers and what changes should I expect when I get this update.

It just adds more codes that weren't in the RC65R for maybe older or less popular equipment. Your code was probably a very common code and would have already been recognized. I'm sure there won't be any noticeable change for you.

#10 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,946 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

the two way communication only works with HR24, H25, HR34.  that is when the remote sends the device programming code to the remote without any user input 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#11 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Does this mean we can now use RF and IR at the same time? or does it just add some codes for RF?

SMK

#12 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,899 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

Does this mean we can now use RF and IR at the same time? or does it just add some codes for RF?

SMK

Any hr44 or c41 and likely future offerings can do ir and rf at the same time.  Nothing else ever will be able to.

#13 OFFLINE   Burt

Burt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Any hr44 or c41 and likely future offerings can do ir and rf at the same time.  Nothing else ever will be able to.

Does this mean that insisting that you must have the capability for simultaneous ir and rf would guarantee an hr44 on an upgrade? (I'm asking for a friend. Nudge, Nudge. Wink, Wink.)  :grin:

Edited by Burt, 14 January 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,946 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Does this mean that insisting that you must have the capability for simultaneous ir and rf would guarantee an hr44 on an upgrade? (I'm asking for a friend. Nudge, Nudge. Wink, Wink.)  :grin:

Nope, but you are most likely to get an HR44 anyway

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#15 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,899 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

I cant imagine how it would, I dont see any way they note that in the system at all.

#16 OFFLINE   DonPrince

DonPrince

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

Well, I got the update this morning and notice I lost my apps at least for now so this update did me no favors.

#17 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

Ugh this update sucks.  I still have an HR20-700, HR21-100 and an HR23-700.  The HR20 ran like it was brand new on the last firmware.  The HR23 was finally better than it had been in years and the HR21 still sucked.  Now all 3 are horrendously slow.

Edited by Xsabresx, 16 January 2014 - 06:22 PM.

since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#18 OFFLINE   lilydog10

lilydog10

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

I have an HR23-700 and it updated with the latest firmware two nights ago. Now, my guide is full of "To Be Announced" and listings are not appearing more than a day out, at best. I am getting concerned because my series passes are showing 0 but I know the shows are on. The higher up the dial I go the worse it gets. I panicked tonight and did a restart (using the red button) but nothing has changed. I am not sure if I am in the right place, but I am pretty sure I saw the update as 0x079E and now it seems that this update has wrecked my guide for the time being. I have seen other updates along the way, and this never happened before.

It's been a long time since I have complained about Directv's STBs/DVRs, but are they going backwards? Again. I owned one of the original DVRs (non-Tivo, I had those first) after being forced to abandon Tivo (I realize that is a real bugaboo among the DTV fans on this forum). Since then, my wife has her Tivo back (with the THR22-100, two of them in fact), but my DVR (his and hers) was pretty much rock solid ... until this. I am going to call DTV later tonight to try and get some tech support, but I have a feeling I will be wasting my time. The whole point of a DVR is time shifting, but with most of my guide only 24 hours out, that option seems to be moot. I am sure they are going to tell me to be patient, the guide will update over time. But two days? I find it very hard to believe it's not a problem with the upgrade. Funny thing was, my DVR was working fine. Why the upgrade/fix? Going back years, could there be a company that has downloaded more "upgrades" to its gear than DTV? Highly doutbful. Okay, maybe Microsoft and Windows, but that's about it. 

Update: I found an old post that says this (see below). Will this work? I think someone earlier mentioned two restarts in 30 minutes.

"The cause of the problem is believed to be corrupt guide data. The double-restart that is advised by DirecTV flushes that guide data out and forces new, uncorrupt data to be downloaded."

Edited by lilydog10, 16 January 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,946 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Update: I found an old post that says this (see below). Will this work? I think someone earlier mentioned two restarts in 30 minutes.

"The cause of the problem is believed to be corrupt guide data. The double-restart that is advised by DirecTV flushes that guide data out and forces new, uncorrupt data to be downloaded."

Yup, I was about to recommend this...

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#20 OFFLINE   madmadworld

madmadworld

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

got 0x79b  on 1-9-14

worse ever fw.  all 3 of my hr20 lost there ota channels(3.2  5.2 etc) had to run the set up and all was well.

but my wifes unit had gone mad by monday. reboots on it's own, can't watch recordings even 30 min ones it will just freeze or reboot. after a hour of just being on (it's in another room not sure on time) it will not respond to the remote or front buttons, till booted.

my 2 units seem fine. gotta call and see if they have a clue.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...