Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22: 0x079b Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   lilydog10

lilydog10

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Yup, I was about to recommend this...

Thanks. it seems to be working, albeit very very slowly. In all the previous updates with this specific DVR, never happened before. So obviously something is amiss with this FW. I seem to be the only one complaining here, so I guess it could just be my DVR, but hard to believe. And the updates, to me at least, were irrelevant. Oh well. So far, I have 10 of my 13 To Do recordings back, so I guess in 2-3 days all should be back to normal.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   madmadworld

madmadworld

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

got 0x79b  on 1-9-14

worse ever fw.  all 3 of my hr20 lost there ota channels(3.2  5.2 etc) had to run the set up and all was well.

but my wifes unit had gone mad by monday. reboots on it's own, can't watch recordings even 30 min ones it will just freeze or reboot. after a hour of just being on (it's in another room not sure on time) it will not respond to the remote or front buttons, till booted.

my 2 units seem fine. gotta call and see if they have a clue.

Wife called today they could not address the box to send a fw told her she was sol, and they would send her another newer box.

really hate giving up the OTA tuner. waiting for a miracle now. till monday 

Edited by madmadworld, 17 January 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

I will have to disagree with most here and say the new software update, improved my HR24 overall speed once again. No issues so far.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using DBSTalk mobile app

Former Directv Subscriber May 5th-2012 - November 7th 2014 

Blue Ridge Communticatons

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus anolog Bedrrom 5 and 6

#24 OFFLINE   DonPrince

DonPrince

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

It's been more than three days now since my receiver took the new software and I still don't have my apps back. Anyone else have this problem?

#25 OFFLINE   coconut13

coconut13

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

It's been more than three days now since my receiver took the new software and I still don't have my apps back. Anyone else have this problem?

Directv and their software upgrades can be really strange. I've had an HR24-200 for about a year and a half. Every upgrade I would lose MYDirectv, Youtube and Pandora and have to do a DRBR to re-attain those services. I had the 0x079b upgrade on 1-14 and everything is there, I lost nothing, no rebooting  and the machine seems to really run a little faster and more efficient. I don' know why that would be, but I'm happy about it. The only difference I noticed was they must have removed the SWM signal strength on the transponder grid. I check signals every once in awhile and noticed it wasn't there. The DVR did reboot after the upgrade (like it always does) but it was unnoticeable because nothing was lost or seemed to change, which was great. I did have to re-intialize some AM21 channels but that is normal. After a reboot it only attains the channels of the 2 zip codes stored in the DVR at the time of the reboot. I use some additional secondary zip codes for my AM21 and have to rerun the intial setup to get some of those channels back after a upgrade.

Edited by coconut13, 18 January 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,700 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

I just checked my HR24-100s and the SWM signals are indeed missing from the Signal Strength screens.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#27 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,902 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

I never saw any good use for the SWM signals grid... they have now improved the "secret" diagnostic MoCA screen

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#28 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

I never saw any good use for the SWM signals grid... they have now improved the "secret" diagnostic MoCA screen

I forget how to get to that screen. Care to share?

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#29 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,902 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

I forget how to get to that screen. Care to share?

guide and right arrow at the same time. Can be finicky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#30 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

guide and right arrow at the same time. Can be finicky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I was hitting menu and the different arrows, that's what I was doing wrong.

It's been awhile since I've been in this screen. I think it dates me back to the SD GUI era.

Anyway things working good here. Levels are -23 and -29. Phy rate is between 243 and 251.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#31 OFFLINE   madmadworld

madmadworld

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

ended up with hr22 mailed to us. it works. the end

Wife called today they could not address the box to send a fw told her she was sol, and they would send her another newer box.

really hate giving up the OTA tuner. waiting for a miracle now. till monday 

got 0x79b  on 1-9-14

worse ever fw.  all 3 of my hr20 lost there ota channels(3.2  5.2 etc) had to run the set up and all was well.

but my wifes unit had gone mad by monday. reboots on it's own, can't watch recordings even 30 min ones it will just freeze or reboot. after a hour of just being on (it's in another room not sure on time) it will not respond to the remote or front buttons, till booted.

#32 OFFLINE   Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Has anyone had their HR24 record a show over and over? Tonight I found that it had 221 20/20 recordings and it kept going higher and higher. As it did this it kindly began deleting everything else on the DVR for space. I tried to just delete it all from my other DVR and it's just sitting at please wait/refreshing playlist and checking that DVR it had a warning about space and I chose stop recording and it's doing nothing. I know I can't get the stuff back it deleted, but is my only way to save what's left on my other one to mark everything keep?

As an update, it seems it just kept replicating the recording and everything not marked Keep is gone. :(

Edited by Insomniac2k, 01 February 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#33 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,840 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Well first is it actually recording that program? What are your settings for it? And how long has this been going on?

#34 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,902 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Has anyone had their HR24 record a show over and over? Tonight I found that it had 221 20/20 recordings and it kept going higher and higher. As it did this it kindly began deleting everything else on the DVR for space. I tried to just delete it all from my other DVR and it's just sitting at please wait/refreshing playlist and checking that DVR it had a warning about space and I chose stop recording and it's doing nothing. I know I can't get the stuff back it deleted, but is my only way to save what's left on my other one to mark everything keep?

As an update, it seems it just kept replicating the recording and everything not marked Keep is gone. :(

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver . See if that helps.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#35 OFFLINE   Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

Well first is it actually recording that program? What are your settings for it? And how long has this been going on?

It was actually recording it. It had a series pass, normal settings, first run, etc. This is the first time it has ever happened. I finished watching bones last night and when it went back to the list I saw the warning markers on some shows (and since it's so rare I see them, I didn't remember what they meant). Then noticed that 20/20 had 230-ish (230/230) episodes in a folder and I scrolled through a bit and it was all the same partial recording and when I collapsed it it had more episodes. I then realized what the warning icon was and tried to just delete the folder 240+ by then. This morning there were 5 left all the same recording and length (50 mins). It basically seems it just replicating the same recording/file, while it was recording. In doing so, it just deleted older recordings to clear space.

#36 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,840 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Strange. I'd say delete all the episodes in there then do a reset and as soon as it's back to live tv do another reset and clear the guide. Seems it's just a bit confused.

#37 OFFLINE   madmadworld

madmadworld

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

got 0x79b  on 1-9-14

lost my locals ota channels(3.2  5.2 etc) again on both of my hr20's. went to record the big game today and they were gone.

just me ?

thanks for reading

#38 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

The new version changed the name of my HR24. Messed up my whole home. Changed it and it's fine more. Kinda weird that would change.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

#39 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 717 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

lost my locals ota channels(3.2 5.2 etc) again on both of my hr20's. went to record the big game today and they were gone.
just me ?
thanks for reading

The big game......do you mean Superb Owl XLVIII? :)

(I thing it's okay to say the real name here.)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
  • madmadworld likes this

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#40 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

2 HR23-700 with 0x79b one is OK the other is SLOW

HR23-700 that is OK is in living room and used every day... slow one is in theater and used a couple times a week

Slow one sometimes takes 2-to-5 button presses to respond... put new batteries in remote, and tried downstairs remote upstairs... same SLOW result

Could this mean that the slow upstairs HR23-700 is "about" to fail... or is there something that I can do to make it work faster?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...