Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey phone interference

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

We have a hopper in the living room connected to wifi. In our home office, we have a joey. After we got the hopper/joey, we noticed that we were having phone problems in the office. Mostly cell phone problems with dropped calls, interference, etc. When working from home, I would have to walk all the way down our driveway to avoid problems with the cell. This happens even when the joey and tv are not on. My husband says he is also having problems with the landline in the office. When I was working from home yesterday, I tried an experiment. We have the joey and tv plugged into a surge protector. I turned off the power at the surge protector to totally shut down the joey and, voila!, I was able to talk on my cell phone and not drop calls and not have interference. When I powered the joey back up, I experienced the same interference as before.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's pretty annoying to have to do a hard shutdown to make or receive a cell call in the office. We have no problems in the living room, just back in the office.

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Have you tried replacing the Joey as a defective unit.

#3 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Have you tried another surge protector? What about leaving the surge protector powered on and unplugging the Joey from the surge protector? I would narrow down the culprit a little more before replacing things.

spam firewall