Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad finally integrates GenieGo and adds social features

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,763 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

DAFI's working fine on my iPad under 7.1. I haven't tried deleting and re-installing, however.

Which iPad do you have?  there were a few changes on how 64 and 32 bit are handle by the iOS.  SO perhaps only the Airs are having issues?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#102 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Which iPad do you have?  there were a few changes on how 64 and 32 bit are handle by the iOS.  SO perhaps only the Airs are having issues?

I have an Air.

/steve

#103 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,288 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

iPad4 and 3 - neither work with 7.1

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#104 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,288 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

Whatever was the problem last night apparently cleared up.  I killed the multi-task, started up DAFI and got login prompt after all the splash.

It only crashed two or three times while I was loading up downloads.  (not while downloading but selecting).

#105 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,288 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Just a heads up for OOH, I had deleted the DAFI client on iPad earlier this week after the 7.1 upgrade and re-installed.

This morning, I tried OOH and it said it wasn't setup.

Upon returning home, DAFI failed in the setup and test several times - even though the ports are open on the router from before.

I went to the PC client to do the setup.  It asked for router type and login credentials.  (iPad client didn't).  It then returned that the ports were already setup but couldn't be used.  One trip through the cycle, it added two blank lines in the port forwarding.

It took a couple of passes to test correctly, but it ended up putting 'nomad7771' and 'nomad9213' in as names -- the exact info that was in the router before all this started!

#106 OFFLINE   jacobp

jacobp

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

My system setup is as follows:  One Genie (HR44-200) and two HR24s and a GenieGo.  I've had the GenieGo from the day it was released and I've never had any problems using the GenieGo app on my iPad to "see" the playlists on my Genie and two other HR24s and then being able to download recorded programs to my iPad.

Yesterday, after the new national release firmware for the Genie was downloaded (x808), i noticed that I cannot "see" any of the programs that were recorded on my Genie.  The programs recorded on both of the HR24s show up fine on the GenieGo and i am able to download all of those programs.

I also tried the GenieGo capabilities of the new DirecTV app.  Using that app, I am able to "see" and stream programs recorded on the Genie, but I cannot download any of them to the GenieGo.  Programs recorded on the HR24s can also be seen on the DTV app, and when i select any such program, an option is presented to "Download to iPad."  That option is absent for any program recorded on the Genie.

As stated above, i have the x808 software on the Genie, the latest DTV app on my iPad, iOS 7.1 on the iPad.

AFter spending nearly two hours on the phone with DTV, no fix occurred.  We tried resetting the GenieGo (30 sec reset and the two minute reset), RBR and unplugging/replugging the Genie and each of the other DVRs.  We also tried deleting and reinstalling the DTV apps.  None of this worked.

So now i turn here.  Any ideas??  Is anyone having this issue?  Thanks in advance.

#107 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,913 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Why can't we fast forward while recording and streaming a live program? I like to watch a show on the main TV while streaming a sporting event on my iPad. I hope they fix this.

#108 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,288 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

There are no NCAA Basketball games listed in upcoming on DAFI.

#109 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

I can log into the Directv app but when I try to connect to my GenieGO and it asks for my password for security reasons it keeps telling me it is wrong. Obviously it isn't as I logged into the app.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

Edited by Blitz68, 03 April 2014 - 06:35 PM.

DirecTV Since 1995

Love the Penguins & Steelers!!!!

#110 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

I can log into the Directv app but when I try to connect to my GenieGO and it asks for my password for security reasons it keeps telling me it is wrong. Obviously it isn't as I logged into the app.

Are you trying to connect in your network?  Have not seen where the app asks for a password to connect to GG

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#111 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Are you trying to connect in your network? Have not seen where the app asks for a password to connect to GG

ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1396576272.989834.jpg ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1396576284.899731.jpg

DirecTV Since 1995

#112 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

Don't remember seeing those.  But it was a long time since I paired my GG with my iPad, so things has changed since 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#113 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Don't remember seeing those. But it was a long time since I paired my GG with my iPad, so things has changed since

I had it working with the GenieGO app, just not GenieGO via the DirecTV app.

DirecTV Since 1995

#114 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

You need a different license for each app, even if they're both on the same iPad. So having both apps on there means it's using 2 of your 5 licenses.

If the GenieGo app was installed more than 30 days ago, however, you can delete it and re-use that license for the DIRECTV for iPad app.

/steve

#115 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,794 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

I had the same problem when the DirecTV app was expanded to include GenieGo capability.  The solution to my problem is described in post 28 in this thread.  The problem has to do with a single device having both the GenieGo and DirecTV apps installed (and attempting to connect to GenieGO).  In my case, I was using the same device name when connecting the DirecTV app as I used to connect the GenieGO app.  When I changed the name of the device (Bills iPad2 instead if Bills iPad), when attempting to connect to GenieGO through the DirecTV app, the password worked and I was able to connect to the GenieGO.  I haven't had a problem since then.

#116 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

When I changed the name of the device (Bills iPad2 instead if Bills iPad), when attempting to connect to GenieGO through the DirecTV app, the password worked and I was able to connect to the GenieGO.

Because two licenses can't share the same device name. Had the GenieGo app been installed more than 30 days earlier, you could have deleted it from the iPad, and then called the DIRECTV app "Bill's iPad", using only one license.

/steve

#117 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

I had the same problem when the DirecTV app was expanded to include GenieGo capability. The solution to my problem is described in post 28 in this thread. The problem has to do with a single device having both the GenieGo and DirecTV apps installed (and attempting to connect to GenieGO). In my case, I was using the same device name when connecting the DirecTV app as I used to connect the GenieGO app. When I changed the name of the device (Bills iPad2 instead if Bills iPad), when attempting to connect to GenieGO through the DirecTV app, the password worked and I was able to connect to the GenieGO. I haven't had a problem since then.

Changed name, still same error.

DirecTV Since 1995

#118 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

Anybody???

DirecTV Since 1995

#119 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Changed name, still same error.

Same error, meaning "incorrect password", per your post above?

Just to make sure, have you tried logging in with that same password to your directv.com web account? If that works, then next thing I'd try is uninstalling the iPad app and re-installing it. Perhaps some preferences got corrupted.

/steve

#120 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

Same error, meaning "incorrect password", per your post above?

Just to make sure, have you tried logging in with that same password to your directv.com web account? If that works, then next thing I'd try is uninstalling the iPad app and re-installing it. Perhaps some preferences got corrupted.

I've done both....still nothing.

DirecTV Since 1995

#121 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

I've done both....still nothing.

Sounds like something's amiss with your registration info on their servers, then. If you've already gone the CSR route with no success, I'd call back and ask to have your issue escalated to case management.

/steve

#122 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Sounds like something's amiss with your registration info on their servers, then. If you've already gone the CSR route with no success, I'd call back and ask to have your issue escalated to case management.

Works fine with the GenieGO app, just not the DirecTV app.

DirecTV Since 1995

#123 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Works fine with the GenieGO app, just not the DirecTV app.

Maybe you simply can't have GenieGo registered twice on the same device? :scratchin I never tried, to be honest. I already have 5 licenses in use, so I can't test by adding the iPhone client to my iPad.

/steve

#124 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Maybe you simply can't have GenieGo registered twice on the same device? :scratchin I never tried, to be honest. I already have 5 licenses in use, so I can't test by adding the iPhone client to my iPad.

They are both running fine on my iPad Air 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#125 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

They are both running fine on my iPad Air 

Well there goes that theory! :P

/steve

Protected By... spam firewall...And...