Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Anywhere

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Does anyone know to set DISH Anywhere so that I can watch transferred recordings and TV shows from my iPhone and/or Ipad on my TV?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

I see the reply was sending with out me noticing. Never saw a sent reply. Now I have five of the same topic. I can not find the setting to delete the duplicates.

#3 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

If you are thinking of transferring TV shows to or back to your Dish receiver, that is not supported, however, you can buy adapters that will allow you to connect your iPad to the HDMI input on your TV, or you can get an Apple TV device which will do the same.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#4 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

I see the reply was sending with out me noticing. Never saw a sent reply. Now I have five of the same topic. I can not find the setting to delete the duplicates.

SeaBeagle,

To setup Transfers onto your iPhone/iPad, you will need to make sure they are on the same Home Network. I will provide you our link explaining in more detail of the Transferring process, scroll to the bottom of the screen to get the steps: http://www.mydish.com/support/dishanywhereapp?WT.svl=gsearch_results&_ga=1.264454863.1181855912.1387909540

Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   Revrick

Revrick

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

what about the dish transfer app for android?

#6 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

SeaBeagle,
To setup Transfers onto your iPhone/iPad, you will need to make sure they are on the same Home Network. I will provide you our link explaining in more detail of the Transferring process, scroll to the bottom of the screen to get the steps: http://www.mydish.com/support/dishanywhereapp?WT.svl=gsearch_results&_ga=1.264454863.1181855912.1387909540
Thanks

Thank you much I will look there.

#7 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I accomplished that some time ago. It is that I can not view shows from iPad to the TV.

Edited by SeaBeagle, 30 December 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

what about the dish transfer app for android?

Revrick,

There were some things with the Android Transfers using the DISH Anywhere App. We have reverted back to the previous version until everything gets worked out.

Thanks

#9 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

If you have an Apple TV you could use Air Play but unless something has changed, which i'm 99.9% it hasn't, the video output is blocked when using the component or HDMI cables. I tried with the DRA app, Dish Anywhere and the Sling Player app and video was blocked while audio played fine. Apple TV however will allow you to accomplish what you are trying to do.

#10 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

I wish ROKU had that feature. Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#11 OFFLINE   neilo

neilo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

Dish Transfer for Android is back, but it looks like I'll still need to talk to support this weekend to try to get it working.

#12 OFFLINE   Dax

Dax

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

Speaking of DISH Anywhere, I'm surprised to see they still have Sleuth, which was the old name for CLOO, even though CLOO has unfortunately been dropped.  Is it a contractural obligation that hasn't expired?  More importantly, why can't I find AMC on the DISH Anywhere site?  It was there not too long ago.

#13 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

Can dish add sd card capability to the andriod dish anywhere app? It would be nice to store my recordings on my 64gb memory card in my tablet and phone.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 2014

#14 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

I doubt they are going to do that for DRM reasons.

#15 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Can dish add sd card capability to the andriod dish anywhere app? It would be nice to store my recordings on my 64gb memory card in my tablet and phone.

wtrjock,

I appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we can improve upon your DISH Anywhere experience. I have submitted your feedback about adding an SD card capability for the Android devices. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you!

#16 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'd just be happy to have the app itself be allowed to be moved to SD. As a result, I've had to uninstall it. I've run out of room in the tiny default app location, and Dish Anywhere is a huge, bloated app... far too big to not be moved to SD.

#17 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Dish Transfer for Android is back, but it looks like I'll still need to talk to support this weekend to try to get it working.

neilo,

I am more than happy to help you with the Android Transfers questions today. Did the recording not transfer? Is the playback distorted? Did it transfer and it will not play back? Please let me know to better help you.

Thanks

#18 OFFLINE   neilo

neilo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

neilo,

I am more than happy to help you with the Android Transfers questions today. Did the recording not transfer? Is the playback distorted? Did it transfer and it will not play back? Please let me know to better help you.

Thanks

It just doesn't transfer.  A prepared program just sits at pending with 0% transferred.  It never progresses further.  

I have no problems streaming shows from my DVR to my tablet.

#19 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

I finally used the transfer function. I notice a lot of jerking during playback. Have others seen that as well?

#20 OFFLINE   neilo

neilo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

In my email there was a new message saying "DISH Anywhere now allows you to transfer your DVR recordings to your mobile device so you can watch them anywhere – even when you don't have an Internet connection!"  So maybe they are more confident of the app now.

spam firewall