Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Anywhere

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   neilo

neilo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

It still didn't work.  I tried a chat for technical support and was eventually sent to advanced technical support who said there was still an issue.  She took my Hopper software value and the type of tablet I am using and said someone will get back to me.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

neilo,

There are some things to check to make sure it’s connected and working properly. On the Hopper w/Sling remote press the Menu button and the tabs of; Settings/Network Setup/Broadband/Wireless Setup/Current Network SSID. If the Hopper w/Sling does not show connected please press the red reset button on the Hopper w/Sling.

If you do see it on the same Home Network force quit app on the device. Once the app has been closed, re-launch by selecting the correct icon.

You will want to re-Transfer the content or select another show to transfer. If the issue persists, please PM me.

Thanks

#23 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

It would be nice if it worked with the 722K with Sling Adapter.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#24 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

Is the transfer a 1 way trip? I transferred a movie to my tablet, but never watched it. I deleted the movie from my tablet expecting the movie to back on my hopper, but it never showed up. Now I have no movie. Not good!

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 2014

#25 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

I was under the impression that copying a program to a tablet or iPad left the original on the receiver, unlike moving a program to and EHD which deletes it from the internal HDD.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#26 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

That isn't the way it worked for me.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 2014

#27 OFFLINE   hasbeen29650

hasbeen29650

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

I was under the impression that copying a program to a tablet or iPad left the original on the receiver, unlike moving a program to and EHD which deletes it from the internal HDD.

It actually depends on the channel. Some content providers let it be on both devices. Some require it to be removed from DVR when transferred. Typical media company stupidity.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#28 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

If that is the case...Dish needs to put that on the screen so we know. Could a DIRT member put in a feature request for that?

#29 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

I can't even load the DishAnywhere web page consistently this morning.  I keep getting "Server not available" errors.  One time, I did manage to log in, but everything was grayed out and when I tried to reload, it was back to "Server not available"

Running Mac OS X 10.9, Safari and Chrome browsers.

#30 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,159 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

I can't even load the DishAnywhere web page consistently this morning.  I keep getting "Server not available" errors.  One time, I did manage to log in, but everything was grayed out and when I tried to reload, it was back to "Server not available"

Running Mac OS X 10.9, Safari and Chrome browsers.

Just got the following msg from Dish:

We are currently experiencing intermittent technical difficulties with several of our websites.  Users may experience errors when attempting to access partner apps and websites such as the Retailer Care Site, Axiom, and WSAPI, as well as all DISH-associated consumer websites (MyDISH.com, HBOGo/MaxGO, dish.com, etc.).  If you encounter an issue attempting to access one of these websites, please try again later.  We expect the issue to be resolved shortly.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#31 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

I purchased me an iPad 4. I am hoping that I can view DISH Anywhere recordings on TV with Apples HDMI device.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Protected By... spam firewall...And...