Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

S330. Anyone have any info . . .

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Got S330 on my HwS's at 4:18pm of the 19th. I haven't seen any talk or topics about it. Unless I'm blind?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Bogey62

Bogey62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

I have it too, but am still trying to find any bug fixes for issues I have reported.

Bill (Bogey62)
Hopper w/Sling + Joey
Sirius Sportster 4 Replay

#3 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Tons of talk over at SatGuys . . .

http://www.satellite...re-Version-S330

go up a step for the master forums list with other S330 topics.

• 3HaloODST likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Bogey62

Bogey62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Tons of talk over at SatGuys . . .

http://www.satellite...re-Version-S330

go up a step for the master forums list with other S330 topics.

Come on, others have to have S330 by now! Where's the discussion, please. :)

Bill (Bogey62)
Hopper w/Sling + Joey
Sirius Sportster 4 Replay

#5 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Come on, others have to have S330 by now! Where's the discussion, please. :)

+1

I was just thinking this last night right before I got my massive SatGuys Daily Digest.

#6 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

OK. Now for S335 . . .

Couple of things I have noticed is that overall response of the machine is slower. All programming on my EHD prior to S335 is titled correctly, but the episode name on ALL previous recordings is "Bentley Continental GT Speed", a program that I saved a long time ago. But why this one title? Also this morning, starting at about 1:23am, the nightly reboot which I allowed. Then it came up again at 2:38am, and 3:23am, and 4:38am. I finally went to bed before I could see the next occurrence. Am still getting the audio popping through HDMI when skipping, changing screens to anything that has the video up in the upper corner, coming out of deleting a finished program. Monday had to call TS, the kid was great, and he had to send a hit to the box to get it to recover from a snow outage. That is the first I have had in years, since I now have a single Black 1000.2, was told that the black dishes have a "teflon" coating, not by the amount of snow that piled up on it. Still had to go out with the Super Soaker. I had two 500's, but the DPP44 switch kept burning out the Duo Nodes. So it finally completed the update and populated all the channels. This was on one of two HwS only.

Other than that, it's been pretty boring.

UPDATE: 03/05/14

About the dishes being covered with Teflon. They are not. Today was in the 60's and tonight we had 3" of snow that only stuck in the grass. The street and sidewalks were clear and water was running in gutters. So the snow was melting. Matter of fact the weather is/was really nice. WOW! Talk about a snow magnet. The whole surface of the new Black 1000.2 was perfectly covered with 1-2 inches of snow. It looked like it was padded and my old sun beat 129 wing dish was barely covered. You could still see the faded logo on it in the dark. It took 3 SuperSoakers, never used more than 1 with the older dishes when rarely necessary. That's why I tried to stay with a two dish system for as long as I could. They made me change when the DPP44 switch kept burning out nodes. Never had snow issues with the dual dishes. But this WOW!, again. I have never seen snow pile up like that on a dish even when we had 12+ inches at one time. All my neighbors that have DTV, their dishes had very little on them. Instead of "snow repelling", this one is snow "attracting". AND "3" SuperSoakers, NEVER in 18 years. Not even after storms that left 3-4' on the ground.

In a thread someone asked about "Dish Skins". It was suggested that they use a trash bag. I use to. It worked perfectly, but that was with a 500 that had a "peak" to it. These 1k dishes are flatter on the tops and creates a plain that can aid in collecting snow right down the middle. I had to go up and take the one on our first 1k2 off in s storm because it was grabbing more than shedding. After that DISH switched me back to the two dishes.

SolidSignal has a spray for mobile dishes. Has anyone used it to any good?

spam firewall