Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Channel Line-up Updates

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

This thread would be great to keep going as a reference, to monitor channel changes.

1.>115 Esquire Network moved to 191

2.>191 G4 no longer on Dish.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,066 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Check the uplink activity thread, it lists every move, addition and removal:
http://www.dbstalk.c...-december-2013/

#3 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the tip. I saw November edition  & link you posted for December.It's a Shame that our dish receivers don't provide this info for us to see now.It took me 3 years to find this forum.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,103 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Years ago I kept track of such changes (offline) in a spreadsheet but there are so many little adjustments each year. This year had the renames that created FS1, FS2, FXX plus Al Jazeera America. Channel shifting moving channels 396-399 from their old locations. Various renames and channel number adjustments.

As noted, everything that is changed on the satellite feeds (names, channel location and other technical information) is automatically reported in the monthly Uplink Activity threads. If the change is big enough that someone cares they will start an individual thread about the channel(s) in question.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thanks James, I now see your thread way on top with 3 others , above these general discussion threads. Now it is easier. to find uplink activity.

Now that Esquire Network has left 115 , I hope that the channel that used to be there will come back? Right now I can't  remember if it was Fit TV or another one.

Take care.

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,103 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thanks James, I now see your thread way on top with 3 others , above these general discussion threads. Now it is easier. to find uplink activity.
Now that Esquire Network has left 115 , I hope that the channel that used to be there will come back? Right now I can't  remember if it was Fit TV or another one.

Take care.

The channel that was there was Style and it no longer exists. The channel owner changed it into Esquire.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

253 SOAPnet gone and 225 SALE gone. 

224 FIT replaced Music

255 Music replaced  Gaither

225 Gaither replaced SALE

Edited by BobCulp, 06 January 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,103 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

253 SOAPnet gone and 225 SALE gone. 
224 FIT replaced Music
255 Music replaced  Gaither
225 Gaither replaced SALE

225 is just a normal infomercial channel (SALE in the guide). Some of the Gaither infomercials are airing on 225, but there is more other content than Gaithers on that channel.

#9 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Here is a limited schedule for Gaither.. http://gaither.com/m...her-tv-schedule

Edited by BobCulp, 07 January 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

• The American Heroes Channel, formerly known as the Military Channel, or Discovery Wings Channel, is an American cable and satellite television network which broadcasts television programming related to the military, warfare and military history.

I am going to miss the military channel (195) very much.

#11 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

• The American Heroes Channel, formerly known as the Military Channel, or Discovery Wings Channel, is an American cable and satellite television network which broadcasts television programming related to the military, warfare and military history.

I am going to miss the military channel (195) very much.

It's just renaming, or "rebranding", I bet the content will not change much. 

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#12 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

Why are seeing (Inspiration 259) is also on channel 85 ? The 70's-90's are usually reserved for info-mercials and Christmas or holiday music. I felt that FETV was at wrong place at 82 ,when it was launched. Something weird is going on.

#13 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,066 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

It's likely a pay to play deal where the station pays Dish to be carried, instead of the usual Dish paying the station, so they get placement at the bottom of the lineup.

#14 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

TRU (242) also at 149

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,103 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

TRU (242) also at 149

Not for long ... Congrats UConn.

#16 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,103 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

Dupe TRU is gone from 149 ... and Disney JR is available to subscribers on 168.

#17 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

DISH is pleased to announce that Disney Junior is now available in your programming package! You can enjoy programs entirely dedicated to preschoolers on Channel 168. Disney Junior includes fun content like Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Sofia the First and many more.

#18 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

This may have been on for awhile, but the CSN Fox Root other sports channels at the 400's can also be seen at the 5400's.

Guide listing says Altitude is moving to 413 from 410.

CSN California now on 438.

Pac-12 Network now at 409.

Big 10 Network now at 410.

Hope there is room for the SEC Network this fall?

Edited by BobCulp, 14 May 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,103 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

There is room for SEC and Longhorn ... part of the reason why there is shifting.
As for the 5400s, those are only seen on HD receivers that are not Hopper/Joeys. And the Hopper/Joeys do not see most of the 400 numbered channels ... they appear as 405-xx, 406-xx and 412-xx in the guide.

#20 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,103 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

FXX moved from 390 (formerly Fox Soccer Channel) to 240 between WGN and Spike TV.

Fusion has been uplinked (not available) to channel 244.

LHN Longhorn (407) and ESPN BuzzerBeater / GoalLine (403) also uplinked - NOT available (Longhorn was announced for May 28th).

(404 and 439 remain available for SEC on August 14th.)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...