Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New GenieGo Version 2 On The Way

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,821 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

Yes, for sure I'd pay.

I don't have a set amount in mind, but as long as I could afford it, I'd get it.  The features I want are that important to me.

From the OP, same capability as first model.   Adds a coax connection and is a larger box. And a larger power supply.

Why would you pay for it if you already had a current working model on your system?

Not challenging, wondering.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   nuspieds

nuspieds

Legend

• Registered
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

No, not for the same capabilities...see my original post where I list the minimum two conditions that must be met in order for me to upgrade.

#23 OFFLINE   compnurd

compnurd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationEvans City PA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

I would like to see it able to transcode more at once like the Tivo Stream,..  Otherwise I like mine

SWM-16
HR44
2-C-41
HR24
2-H25

#24 OFFLINE   bubbaray21

bubbaray21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts
  • LocationThe Carolinas

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

I wish it'd be wireless.

I have the wireless Genie mini and it is great. It is in a room that had no prewire, but the best thing is I have used it in my garage and out on the patio. Plug and play once synched to the bridge. Had issues with the original box and tech came out and replaced it. Everything is fine now. It is a dream come true.

I don't know how many wireless minis can be hooked to one bridge, but if there is multi box capabilities, you will need just one Genie and move the minis around as you need them. The box loads very quickly and you'll be watching everything in a matter of a minute or so.
When nothing goes right, turn left.

#25 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,646 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

I have the wireless Genie mini and it is great. It is in a room that had no prewire, but the best thing is I have used it in my garage and out on the patio. Plug and play once synched to the bridge. Had issues with the original box and tech came out and replaced it. Everything is fine now. It is a dream come true.

I don't know how many wireless minis can be hooked to one bridge, but if there is multi box capabilities, you will need just one Genie and move the minis around as you need them. The box loads very quickly and you'll be watching everything in a matter of a minute or so.

Good to hear, but it really has little to do with GenieGo! 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall