Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722k Programming not authorized and error codes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

I just switched my service back from Hopper/Joeys to my own, old 722k and a 622. The 622, it turns out was bad and had to be replaced with a new 722k. I'm also having problems with my original 772k. 90% of the time I'll turn the TV on, press select. and get an error 12-11-12 or 11-12-11, and a notice to unplug the receiver and plug it back in. 95% of the time that changes nothing. Other times I'll change a channel, to a channel that is in my "service plan" and it tells me "Programming not Authorized". I've called Dish and they tell me everything is authorized on both receivers. When I try these channels on the new 722k, everything works great. Seems like the old 772k might be "on the way out" too. Is there any way to possibly format the internal hard drive, to see if it will straighten out, or should I just call for a replacement? I'd rather try everything possible before calling them for yet another receiver. I'd appreciate any help offered!

Thanks,

Snyde

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,701 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Replacing the hard drive isn't going to address an authorization issue. That function lies within the smart card (or the built-in equivalent).

If you have a smart card, you might try unplugging and replugging it.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

Turns out the receiver was "bad". The tech came out and replaced it with another 722k.

Thanks for the reply

Snyde

Protected By... spam firewall...And...