Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

11 years with out HD Locals

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

A few years ago Dish had a price dispute with one my locals and it was off the air for about ~6 weeks I think. Not SD-ized - just gone. There was one show on that channel that I liked a LOT so I got an antenna and watched it OTA. And yes it wasn't as easy as I would have liked because the signal varied and my location is awful - right behind a forested hill. And I didn't have a DVR at that time that integrated OTA signals so I actually had to.. gasp.... sit down in front of the TV at some predetermined time.

But I was a tad frustrated so I did it. If I was "frustrated to no end " then I might have taken further measures:

Better/higher antenna
Cable
DirecTV
Move (That would be the "frustrated to no end " answer I guess :))

But I was just a little frustrated so I put a cheesy little antenna up and watched it. Just letting you know that I've had the occasional OTA frustration too, but I still can't tell you anything about the whys or the whens of yours.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 711 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

You also dont have to spend money on buying an ANTENAE.  Apparently you can make your own.  Just follow along on this youtube video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7j80C9d1o9Y

Voila, I solved your problem of having to BUY one, *gasp*

Edited by shadough, 06 January 2014 - 08:08 PM.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

Protected By... spam firewall...And...