Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new apps for the hopper

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

which apps you would like to see added to the hopper real soon?

Thanks

Allen 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

I honestly would love to have the option to download the apps I want to use, not what dish thinks I like.

#3 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Good luck with that. :) I wouldn't allow it on anything I was selling to the public. Do you realize how much testing goes into an app before being allowed on Smart TV's, Roku, etc...? Think of it as Apple does it. Android also has a process though it is easier getting apps because you can get them other than the Play Store. But the risk of malware doing it that way or the app not working correctly is much higher and that is exactly what a company like DIsh would be afraid of. They have to be the the ones who decide what APPS are available.

It's not exactly a matter of what DISH wants you to have (Or Samsung etc...) it's who is willing to make an APP and have it pass. DISH doesn't make the apps anymore than Roku does. APPS for a Hopper would be totally different than ones for Android, as they are for Apple, as they are for Roku.

Edited by tampa8, 29 December 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

just give out API, IDEV for ppl, then allow us to DL these APPs what are tested in-house after UL

nay, they does not make internal beta testing properly for basic updates in FW - customers are still the testers :( ... not telling about third party APPs

#5 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

how about adding the tunein radio app so you can listen to radio stations all across the country and the world.

http://tunein.com

Thanks

Allen bluegras

#6 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

How about not posting the same repetitive request on every site your frequent. No one at the other site was interested and you were told it wouldn't happen.

spam firewall