Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

remotely connecting the TV2 remote antenna

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have a 722k in my living room using dual mode, and a solitary,(not combined with the sat. in cable), TV2 home distribution coax cable connected to a splitter going to a TV in the basement, and 2 TVs in my pole barn about 25' away.

I used to have the remote antenna in the barn and was able to change channels with the remote from there. I then had a Hopper/Joey installed and the tech. took that all apart. Now I've gone back to a 722k and I need to know how to combine the antenna  and the home distribution connectors on the back of the receiver and what "devices" to use to combine the signals to go over the 1 coax wire going out to my barn where I will connect the antenna to another "device" and a splitter to connect to the 2 TVs I have in the barn. Can I also connect a remote antenna to a "device" in the cellar so I can also control the TV down there with a remote? By "devices" I mean splitters, combiners, seperators, duplexers etc. I've still got most, if not all of those devices from the initial install of the 722k, just don't know what to use.

Thanks,

Snyde

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

You need three splitters.  At the 722, plug the splitter into the "Home Distribution" port and into the "Remote Antenna" port.  In the basement and at the barn, you will plug in a remote antenna and the TV.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#3 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

You need three splitters.  At the 722, plug the splitter into the "Home Distribution" port and into the "Remote Antenna" port.  In the basement and at the barn, you will plug in a remote antenna and the TV.

Thanks, I thought there was more to it than that.

Snyde

spam firewall