Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Billing period and commitment period are not the same

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   skyboysea

skyboysea

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

Today I called Dish to cancel service. I thought that since today is the first day in my billing cycle it would have made things easier: no additional billing for service and exactly 9 month of ETF to pay. Not so fast. I found out that I still had 9 months and 2 days remaining in my commitment so I would have to pay for 10 months of ETF. I chose to pay to more days of service just to avoid being charged for a whole month of ETF.

As an advice for people thinking of cancelling their service: call ahead and ask Dish the day your commitment anniversary is to avoid incurring extra charges.

As a comment on Dish policy: this stinks because the "24 month commitment" is not actually 24 month as any reasonable person would count and, to my knowledge, this is not disclosed to customers when they sign their contract.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Perhaps not applicable in this case, but I remain surprised at the number of clients I've had over the years eager (yes, eager) to pay the ETF to change service.

And that is both D* and E* subscribers.

And here I sit with both at my house . . . 

:coffee

#3 OFFLINE   skyboysea

skyboysea

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Perhaps not applicable in this case, but I remain surprised at the number of clients I've had over the years eager (yes, eager) to pay the ETF to change service.

And that is both D* and E* subscribers.

And here I sit with both at my house . . .

I paid the ETF because I finally convinced my wife to cut the cord. Maybe smash the dish is more appropriate. Everything I watch is available either for free or for way less Dish (or any other provider) would charge me for.

Edited by skyboysea, 30 December 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...