Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Renewing 2 year contract.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

My contract is up soon (i used to have TWC cable). My question is, can i lock in a new 2 year contract using the promo currently on the DTV web site?, or will i revert back to the normal fees? i don't see anything that mentions NEW customers only (maybe i missed it). I am using the "BIG" promo when i first signed up.........are their any promos to renew contracts if you have already used a different promo prior?

I have TWC internet, and they're offering me some major discounts to put me back on board with cable, the switch over would be really easy since the TWC office is practically down the street from me., which means picking up the cable box would be no problem. The TWC cable offer is really tempting, Preferred TV plus Internet. Which is what i had before, the combo.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,570 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

while the new customer promo don't apply to existing customers (hence the name "new") you can always call DirecTV and see what kind of discounts they might be able to offer you.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,570 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

by clicking "offer details" you get a pop up that says only new customers 

Screenshot-2013-12-30-23.49.56.pngClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Well, thanks guys. I love DTV, but may try TWC again because the package includes TV + Internet as well as a few other things.

I can always go back to DTV anytime after 6 months. Although i would have to return the Sat box??

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Although i would have to return the Sat box??

Depends on the model(s) you have.

If you think you may return within six months, you might consider suspending your DirecTV account. You keep all your equipment.

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,134 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

Or, completely drop it, return the boxes then if you decide to come back, wait for them to come to you with a come back offer.

Though, at least in my area, TWC still uses the same DVR as they did 10 years ago that holds about 20 hours of HD programming in pretty bad quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Protected By... spam firewall...And...