Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cable run design for home with 11 TV's

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

I missed the B&B note also which somewhat invalidates my recommendations. 

The rental room or rooms should have a separate feed and be on a separate account unless Dish has some sort of program for rental property.

Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   turbotim

turbotim

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

I missed the B&B note also which somewhat invalidates my recommendations. 

The rental room or rooms should have a separate feed and be on a separate account unless Dish has some sort of program for rental property.

I am sure my client will just tell them it is just their house as it does not look like a B&B so kinda a mute point as who would pay more when there is no way dish or direct would have any idea. I should of not even brought it up. From the looks seems Direct would be the better way to go as I am sure they will want HD on all the TV's.  Thanks again for the tips and advice. 

Tim Hildabrand - (CEV) Chief Executive Visionary
Hstar Technology Group 
turbotim@hstar.net
www.hstar.net 
KG6JAZ 

#23 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,028 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Except that its fraud it it's a business and there's been article recently here on this forum even about DIRECTV going after people for doing just this all over the country. Something to be mindful of is all. They hit people with 10k plus fines when they catch them.

#24 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,567 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

It is important that you brought up that it is a commercial venture as it changes the landscape entirely.

There are six classes of B&B and most of them don't come anywhere near qualifying for residential status. Commercial status may bring DISH back into the game so it matters in this thread.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#25 OFFLINE   turbotim

turbotim

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

It is important that you brought up that it is a commercial venture as it changes the landscape entirely.

There are six classes of B&B and most of them don't come anywhere near qualifying for residential status. Commercial status may bring DISH back into the game so it matters in this thread.

9 TV's are in their home.  2 TV's are in this other part of the house that they rent out once in a while. Again this is something they will have to deal with. My main concern is wiring it all up. Going to let them deal with getting the service. Will just home run it all to a cabinet and let the dish/direct  guys deal with that part. Thanks.

Tim Hildabrand - (CEV) Chief Executive Visionary
Hstar Technology Group 
turbotim@hstar.net
www.hstar.net 
KG6JAZ 

#26 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,302 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Will just home run it all to a cabinet and let the dish/direct guys deal with that part. Thanks.

that is your best bet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#27 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Also consider that the Hopper (and I think the Genie too) support an input for an OTA antenna.  If they want this, you should run an extra cable to each location that would have a Hopper or other receiver and an extra cable to the roof.  OTA channels are the best quality possible, you can get the subchannels and out of market channels that Dish doesn't provide and it gives you an extra tuner for recording.

You might want to prewire cat6 for wireless access points.   I would go with cat6 for future compatibility.

I doubt they would want a Hopper for the rental rooms since they probably don't want them to share a DVR (or even have a DVR).  They would probably just get regular solo HD receivers.  

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#28 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,302 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

The Genie can support OTA, but you would need the AM21 module

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

spam firewall