Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

922 Sling 4:3 aspect ratio on HD Channels??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NTIMID8

NTIMID8

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to change the sling aspect ratio to 16:9 on the Vip922 Sling? When I view a HD channel via PC/I explorer it is black bared to 4x3.

Now, the weird thing is I also have a 722 with a sling adapter installed and it displays HD is the proper format.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance

Phil

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

I run windows 7... doesn't matter if I use IE 9,10, or 11... FF, or Chrome... 64 bit or 32 bit... doesn't matter same thing...It has been pointed out to dish and it been ignored for 4 or 5 months easy.

#3 OFFLINE   ZachS@DISH Network

ZachS@DISH Network

• DISH Representative
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

This issue was just added our known product issue list. Our engineering department researching this issue. We will post any updates/ETA as soon as we receive them. Thank you for your patience.

Zach Schultz
DISH Network Customer Service
Tuesday-Saturday 6:00a-2:30p (MST)

#4 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

Bump....

Must be working feverishly on this problem....! only been 5 months now..... eye roll.....

#5 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to change the sling aspect ratio to 16:9 on the Vip922 Sling? When I view a HD channel via PC/I explorer it is black bared to 4x3.

Now, the weird thing is I also have a 722 with a sling adapter installed and it displays HD is the proper format.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Well they had it fixed for about a month.... But here it is again....

New sling update and no such thing is the 16/9 ratio........

I just don't understand how screwed up this company is.....?  And the forced to update if I could put the old update in....I would have a HD format..

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,591 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

I have seen issues in the HQ mode.  If I turn off HQ mode, the aspect ratios seem correct... but if I turn on HQ mode then the aspect is wrong.  Are you seeing similar?  OR is it always wrong even with HQ mode disabled?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#7 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

I have seen issues in the HQ mode.  If I turn off HQ mode, the aspect ratios seem correct... but if I turn on HQ mode then the aspect is wrong.  Are you seeing similar?  OR is it always wrong even with HQ mode disablewhen

when I get a chance I will check that out...thanks for the tip....

#8 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

Well.....Its off the wall no consistency.....I did get a full screen at one point... and the esc key did nothing so it locked up IE 11... even had a box on my laptop with the show and it was my guess? 1 1/2 inch by 1 inch........

So inconsistent, and crashing the browser is all it really does.....What is sad it was broke for a good 6 months, gets straightened out for a month.... now this...

Thanks for the collage try.. :)

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,591 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

I have troubles sometimes with the Web browser too... but like you said, it is more along the lines of crashing or not working.  The iPhone/iPad apps tend to be more reliable for me... but the aspect ration problem is what I have there mostly.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...