Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2014-15

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Today ESPN added Dish also one of their streaming provider in all supporting devices.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Bugs Bunny

Bugs Bunny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

So if the ECB has signed with Perform to deliver games to the USA and Caribbean, how will we be able to get these games? How much will it cost? Looks like I will drop willow.

Looks like ESPN 3 will telecast the Sri Lanka tour of England (and presumably India's tour of England as well).

Check the schedule for WatchESPN in May.

Edited by Bugs Bunny, 03 April 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Looks like ESPN 3 will telecast the Sri Lanka tour of England (and presumably India's tour of England as well).

Check the schedule for WatchESPN in May.

Thanks Bugs.

#24 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Are they going to come up with a way for me to watch WatchESPN full-screen on my TV without buying another expensive box to attach to my TV? Willow has been working so well....

Edited by rwmair, 03 April 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

This Sunday espn2 will broadcast the ICC T20 WC final also. Yuppie. Even though I can now watch on espn3....by can't beat the HD live on big tv via espn2. The coverage begin at 9am

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

#26 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

Thanks Bugs.

looks like they will only cover ODIs and T20s, not tests

#27 OFFLINE   shane22088

shane22088

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

One World Sports bags English cricket rights

One World Sports has acquired the rights to broadcast every home match of the England national cricket team until 2017 in North America.

The multi-year agreement, described in a release as a ‘bold programming move’, will see the broadcaster show up to 600 hours of live action on its linear and digital platforms.

Specifically, the rights package includes Test, one-day and Twenty20 matches played in England, beginning with the home side’s series with Sri Lanka in May and June.

One World Sports acquired the rights through digital sports media company Perform, which last November signed a four-year deal to distribute English cricket in North America and the Caribbean on behalf of the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).

“We are thrilled to add these Internationals from England showcasing some of the best cricket in the world,” said Alexander Brown, the president and chief executive of One World Sports. “Cricket is one of the world’s most polarising sports, and it doesn’t get any better than the ECB.”

http://www.sportspro...cricket_rights/

#28 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

As expected ecb cricket rights will keep bouncing around as neither perform nor one world sports has any significant tv viewers in USA. They will wait for either willow or Espn to repurchase those series. Hoping willow at least buy it since this year Asian teams will be touring there.

#29 OFFLINE   Bugs Bunny

Bugs Bunny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

As expected ecb cricket rights will keep bouncing around as neither perform nor one world sports has any significant tv viewers in USA. They will wait for either willow or Espn to repurchase those series. Hoping willow at least buy it since this year Asian teams will be touring there.

Actually the Sri Lanka tour is showing up on the schedule for ESPN 3. OWS lacks carriage distribution, so makes sense to sub-license to ESPN. 

#30 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

Has espn2 ICC WC t20 broadcast tv rating released?

#31 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Btw just read that espn3 will show some IPL games. 7games of the week plus SF and final. They got this is exchange of giving willow rights to show India vs NZ series.
I now have both willow and espn3. Finally meaning full cricket coverage in US

#32 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

One world sports on the roku through dishworld pq is excellent.I'm glad they got some cricket.

#33 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

One world sports on the roku through dishworld pq is excellent.I'm glad they got some cricket.

too bad, one world sports is in SD, not HD. I have this satellite channel on dish.

Is one world sports on the Roku in HD?

#34 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

One World Sports bags English cricket rights

One World Sports has acquired the rights to broadcast every home match of the England national cricket team until 2017 in North America.

The multi-year agreement, described in a release as a ‘bold programming move’, will see the broadcaster show up to 600 hours of live action on its linear and digital platforms.

Specifically, the rights package includes Test, one-day and Twenty20 matches played in England, beginning with the home side’s series with Sri Lanka in May and June.

One World Sports acquired the rights through digital sports media company Perform, which last November signed a four-year deal to distribute English cricket in North America and the Caribbean on behalf of the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).

“We are thrilled to add these Internationals from England showcasing some of the best cricket in the world,” said Alexander Brown, the president and chief executive of One World Sports. “Cricket is one of the world’s most polarising sports, and it doesn’t get any better than the ECB.”

http://www.sportspro...cricket_rights/

too bad, one world sports on dish is in SD, not HD

#35 OFFLINE   shane22088

shane22088

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

9 ipl games on espn3

WillowLogoYT.png
WATCH IPL 2014 IN HD
Pepsi_IPL_Logo_3.png IPLTeamLogos.png

Dear Willow TV customer:

We are happy to announce Willow's live coverage of IPL 2014 starting with the first match on April 16 between the Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders. Willow's coverage of IPL 2014 will be bigger and better than ever before.

Willow will exclusively carry 51 matches of the IPL live and in high definition, culminating with the Finals on June 1, 2014. In addition, Willow has partnered with ESPN3 to carry the remainder 9 matches live - keeping with our continuing commitment to broaden the footprint of our coverage in the USA in order to achieve wider exposure for the sport of cricket. With this novel arrangement, customers of WIllow TV in the USA will get live, high definition coverage of all 60 matches of the IPL across a full range of mobile and desktop platforms.

For full details of coverage on Willow, please visit  www.willow.tv.

#36 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

Got the same email. That means 9 games will be espn3. But not sure if this 9 games are exclusive to espn3 or willow will also broadcast those games live

#37 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

^Yes, I'd like to know that too, since I do have Willow HD from Dish, but not ESPN. So far no IPL events are showing up in the schedule.

#38 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Update: The first IPL game is now listed on the Dish schedule. Does anybody have any information about the Opening Ceremony, which should be tomorrow?

#39 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

one world sports is hd on dishworld.

#40 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

one world sports is hd on dishworld.

Is it on the iptv platform only or throughout satellite also?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...