Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2014-15

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Satexplorer,

I thought ESPN3 has the right on West Indies home games. But their listing does not show New Zealand tour of West Indies in June-July

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

English county cricket is appearing on espn 3!

Looks like the first game is Lancashire vs Nottingham in the nat west t20 bash on Friday.

Awesome.

#43 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

I have One world sports on dish network satellite channel. But the channel is SD and the cricket is coming as SD.

If I take OWS via dish world with internet streaming, will I get HD cricket?

#44 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

yes I have it on my roku and it sure looks hd.

#45 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

It does look good.

I prefer the Watch ESPN PQ for my England games. It is nice to have a choice.

#46 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

It does look good.

I prefer the Watch ESPN PQ for my England games. It is nice to have a choice.

Do you know why Watch ESPN/Espn3 got discontinued from Apple Tv? From today I am observing it. Even yesterday I was able to watch espn3 stream on apple tc

#47 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

I haven't been paying attention during the T20 interlude..... So all games from England are now on ESPN3 and Oneworld Sports (only on DISH or Dishworld IPTV), and Willow has everything else (matches from West Indies and Sri Lanka listed as upcoming over the next few months on their web site)

What's the best way for watching ESPN3 on a large HDTV these days? Seems like Roku, if you pay DISH for ESPN channels? But I use DirecTV, so its seems I'm out of luck there. Comcast internet lets me get ESPN3 on IPad/iPod, but iPad hooked up to TV only mirrors the iPad display at same resolution (so the picture only takes up the middle 1/2 of the screen making a 40" TV look like a 17" one!); while the WatchESPN app from the iPod doesn't output video at all, just sound, to the TV (even tho this arrangement works perfectly for Willow/Youtube streaming video out of the standard Safari browser). Seems like I'm out of luck for now, unless anyone has better ideas.

Edited by rwmair, 27 May 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#48 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

I haven't been paying attention during the T20 interlude..... So all games from England are now on ESPN3 and Oneworld Sports (only on DISH or Dishworld IPTV), and Willow has everything else (matches from West Indies and Sri Lanka listed as upcoming over the next few months on their web site)

What's the best way for watching ESPN3 on a large HDTV these days? Seems like Roku, if you pay DISH for ESPN channels? But I use DirecTV, so its seems I'm out of luck there. Comcast internet lets me get ESPN3 on IPad/iPod, but iPad hooked up to TV only mirrors the iPad display at same resolution (so the picture only takes up the middle 1/2 of the screen making a 40" TV look like a 17" one!); while the WatchESPN app from the iPod doesn't output video at all, just sound, to the TV (even tho this arrangement works perfectly for Willow/Youtube streaming video out of the standard Safari browser). Seems like I'm out of luck for now, unless anyone has better ideas.

Try using a laptop and connect your herb to it. You should be able to get what you want

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

#49 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

Try using a laptop and connect your herb to it. You should be able to get what you want

Tried that also - unfortunately that was the most painful option. Maybe my MacBookPro has limited capabilities, but because its screen dimensions are smaller than the TV, I had to hook it up, close the laptop, then use a second wired mouse and keyboard to wake it up and have it recognize the TV as the primary display, then start up the ESPN3 streaming video. OK, results were better than with the iPad - but even this set-up didn't completely fill the TV screen and leave it uncluttered from other browser messages. Only the iPod/HDMI-cable option has provided that for me. And the laptop is way too much effort to do on a regular basis - plus I then can't use it while watching cricket. This needs to be as easy as turning on the TV and satellite receiver, and changing the channel. If it takes 10 mins to make it work each time, I just wont bother. :-(

Edited by rwmair, 27 May 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#50 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

Tried that also - unfortunately that was the most painful option. Maybe my MacBookPro has limited capabilities, but because its screen dimensions are smaller than the TV, I had to hook it up, close the laptop, then use a second wired mouse and keyboard to wake it up and have it recognize the TV as the primary display, then start up the ESPN3 streaming video. OK, results were better than with the iPad - but even this set-up didn't completely fill the TV screen and leave it uncluttered from other browser messages. Only the iPod/HDMI-cable option has provided that for me. And the laptop is way too much effort to do on a regular basis - plus I then can't use it while watching cricket. This needs to be as easy as turning on the TV and satellite receiver, and changing the channel. If it takes 10 mins to make it work each time, I just wont bother. :-(

The ease of use you require needs you to subscribe with dish then. A bare minimum pack allows you Espn access and you can use watchespn app

#51 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

If you have Comcast internet, you can watch ESPN3 on Roku and Apple TV with Watch ESPN apps with out dish subscription. Just login using your comcast credentials on roku or Apple TV, it will let you to watch ESPN3 exclude ESPN live TV channels.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#52 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

If you have Comcast internet, you can watch ESPN3 on Roku and Apple TV with Watch ESPN apps with out dish subscription. Just login using your comcast credentials on roku or Apple TV, it will let you to watch ESPN3 exclude ESPN live TV channels.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

I came across this on the FAQ page at the WatchESPN website:

** I get ESPN3 through my affiliated ISP. Why can't I access it through Apple TV, Roku or FireTV?

WatchESPN on Apple TV, Roku and FireTV require an affiliated video subscription.

Is this not correct?

I'd grab a Roku box if I could watch ESPN3 at no cost, and watch Willow using their Willow app (already pay them for the online service), without having to pay extra for, eg, Dishworld.

If not, I'll find plenty of other stuff to watch over the summer, just less cricket. Eventually DirecTV will sort things out with ESPN/WatchESPN, even if they're the last major TV provider to do so.

Edited by rwmair, 28 May 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#53 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Why not try it out. If it's not working you don't lose anything anyway

#54 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

I have been watching ESPN3 on Apple TV with Comcast login more than a year. Just try it. I tried on Roku also and it is working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#55 OFFLINE   glamanks

glamanks

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

This is probably a basic question for you guys.  I subscribe to Dish (satellite service) and get Willow.  I do not subscribe to Dishworld.  Can I still use Willow application on my Roku or view Willow online using my Dish credentials?  Or do I need a separate subscription for this?

#56 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

This is probably a basic question for you guys. I subscribe to Dish (satellite service) and get Willow. I do not subscribe to Dishworld. Can I still use Willow application on my Roku or view Willow online using my Dish credentials? Or do I need a separate subscription for this?

Dish satellite don't work with willow online.

#57 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

Willow is now available on dishworld in the sports pack for $10.I subscribed for four months and got a free roku LT not bad at all.

#58 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

I have been watching ESPN3 on Apple TV with Comcast login more than a year. Just try it. I tried on Roku also and it is working fine.

OK - looked at the Roku boxes, and will try one out on the weekend.

Does anyone use the stand-alone Willow app (with willow online subscription) on their Roku? At willow.tv, there's still details on how to do this, but Willow is not listed as a channel on the Roku website. Ideally, I want the Roku box to do so both (so I can stop hooking my iPod touch up to the TV to watch matches willow streams)

#59 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

OK - looked at the Roku boxes, and will try one out on the weekend.

Does anyone use the stand-alone Willow app (with willow online subscription) on their Roku? At willow.tv, there's still details on how to do this, but Willow is not listed as a channel on the Roku website. Ideally, I want the Roku box to do so both (so I can stop hooking my iPod touch up to the TV to watch matches willow streams)

Follow the willow.tv instruction and install as a private channel once you configured your Roku. You can use dish world apps also on Roku to watch willow tv channels. Check it on dishworld.com website. They do have sports pack for 10/month which includes willow.tv.

#60 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Follow the willow.tv instruction and install as a private channel once you configured your Roku. You can use dish world apps also on Roku to watch willow tv channels. Check it on dishworld.com website. They do have sports pack for 10/month which includes willow.tv.

Quick question....is willow.tv streaming on dish world include games that willow sometimes don't stream online due to their contract with espn? E.g. ipl playoffs games were not streamed by willow but by espn3 but willow showed those games on TV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...