Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2014-15

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

Part of international sports/world pack. It cost $5/month. This pack is add on pack, so you have to subscribe anyone of international package to add this pack.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

I called dish and they said World Pack is no longer sold. Do anyone subscribe world pack from dish?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

I called dish and they said World Pack is no longer sold. Do anyone subscribe world pack from dish?

Login to your account, go to MY PRGRAMMING on left, select INTERNATIONAL tab in the middle of the screen, scroll down and find GENERAL INTERNATIONAL & CRICKET and select INTERNATIONAL: WORLD PACK for $5

#83 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Anyone else using the Willow app on a Roku box with Willow monthly online subscription? (Not Willow Channel via Dishworld on Roku)

I tried it once about a week ago, and got an error message that it couldn't connect to the feed. "Try again in a few minutes". It wasn't urgent. Last night, I went to take a look at the SL-SAfr test before bed and got the same error message. Annoying - tho still not terrible at this point, as long as they fix it before matches that are more amenable viewing in the US eastern time zone.

Willow has made some silent changes in their programming which are not announced. E.g. they are not offering the YouTube live stream anymore. On their website and mobile it only links to their TV channel stream even though they are still advertising it.
2nd they have started placing wired regional restrictions. Now they are saying they don't stream to Puerto Rico where I am.living. their stream have been working perfectly for the last 2 year's and I used them for IPL. But recently while awake at 1am...decided to catch some SL vs SA and got the message they it's not available for my location. Contacted them and they said that they only have rights to stream in USA and Canada. Puerto Rico is part of USA. I am watching watchespn to follow India vs England.

Anyway....have asked willow to cancel my account.....what's the point of an streaming account which don't work anymore.

Imo it's an hidden agreement between dish and willow to push their dishworld package. Their sports pack has the same tv channel stream that willow is using these days. Plus willow has been signing some deals with Espn were willow can only show on tv and Espn only by streaming. I So badly hope that this cones true for all cricket coverage. Can then watch all on watchespn.

#84 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Willow has made some silent changes in their programming which are not announced. E.g. they are not offering the YouTube live stream anymore. On their website and mobile it only links to their TV channel stream even though they are still advertising it.
2nd they have started placing wired regional restrictions. Now they are saying they don't stream to Puerto Rico where I am.living. their stream have been working perfectly for the last 2 year's and I used them for IPL. But recently while awake at 1am...decided to catch some SL vs SA and got the message they it's not available for my location. Contacted them and they said that they only have rights to stream in USA and Canada. Puerto Rico is part of USA. I am watching watchespn to follow India vs England.

Anyway....have asked willow to cancel my account.....what's the point of an streaming account which don't work anymore.

Imo it's an hidden agreement between dish and willow to push their dishworld package. Their sports pack has the same tv channel stream that willow is using these days. Plus willow has been signing some deals with Espn were willow can only show on tv and Espn only by streaming. I So badly hope that this cones true for all cricket coverage. Can then watch all on watchespn.

Sorry to hear they've excluded Puerto Rico.

On the mainland US - yes, I noticed that at least on mobile devices, its now no longer possible to stream Willow's feeds from their youtube channel.

I also still routinely get the "Can't connect to this service. Try again in a few minutes" error on the Roku box with the Willow streaming app whenever I try to look at any of the SL-SAfr tests. Its gotten annoying.

I went to pull it up on my iPod touch which I used to connect to my TV with an Apple-HDMI cable before I got the Roku, but found no live stream on the Willow youtube page. The streaming on m.willow.tv had in the past been optimized for small-screen mobile devices - ie it was at 480x320p, so looked terrible on the TV. I haven't checked to see whether they have upgraded the quality of their own stream to mobile devices - it was 1am and when so many obstacles are presented to watching cricket, its easier to just go to bed!

The Willow monthly subscription is very useful for watching when away from the house (I've plugged my iPod touch streaming feed into hotel TVs in the past) - but if its going to mean only substandard video on my mobile device, and a non-functional service on the Roku, I might have to switch to DishWorld too (or hope that most of it ends up on ESPN3 in some form!)

#85 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Finally dropped willowtv streaming. Not able to watch it makes it useless anyway. Will watch espn3 whenever they got games Plus just realized that I am qualified for IPL RoW free stream anyway (the biggest reason I took willow subscription)

#86 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Last night, once again unable to get the SL-Pak test on the Roku box via the Willow streaming app, I pulled out the iPod touch and the Apple 30pin-HDMI adapter and plugged it into the TV as I used to do in the past. The streaming on the iPod now comes from m.willow.tv, not youtube as I had used in the past.

The video quality was much better than it had been previously from m.willow.tv when the youtube feed was available. It was probably 720p (like the youtube feed used to be), and looked quite good on the TV on occasions - but the feed stuttered and dropped resolution frequently also. As with the Roku streaming, Willow's infrastructure is probably unable to handle the demand for the feed for live matches.  (I have no problem streaming from ESPN3, Netflix or Hulu, all in HD, so I know my 30 Mbps internet connection is OK)

Tonight, I used the Willow streaming app on the Roku to connect to the "Willow Channel" feed 2 hours before the SL-Pak test resumed. We'll see if it hangs in there when the live match comes on air, or if I get kicked off and then find myself unable to connect again.

#87 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

No - that didn't work. Willow/Roku booted me off sometime between showing endless IPL highlights, and the start of the live coverage from SL, so still no live streaming cricket from Sri Lanka via Roku.

Thank goodness ESPN3 works as well as it does. Sky's coverage from England over breakfast is great.

#88 OFFLINE   BouncerYorker

BouncerYorker

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Would the 2014 Champions League T20 matches be telecast by Dish Network in the United States?

#89 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Would the 2014 Champions League T20 matches be telecast by Dish Network in the United States?

Its available on WatchESPN app. Use your Dish credential to login into WatchESPN and watch the live telecast of all the CLT20 matches.

#90 OFFLINE   BouncerYorker

BouncerYorker

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Its available on WatchESPN app. Use your Dish credential to login into WatchESPN and watch the live telecast of all the CLT20 matches.

Thanks for your reply; this works.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...