Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2014-15

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

Any news on who would be bringing the 2015 World Cup to viewers in the U. S.? Is this a Pay-Per-View deal?

If you have access to espn3 then you can follow the WC on it

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#102 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

Is anyone watching Willow coverage of the Aus-Ind tests via Willow online streaming or Dishworld streaming?

I generally use Willow app on Roku. I had no problems with the first two tests, but during the third test, more problems crept in. It was never terrible, but there were occasional problems with buffering/stuttering. Also, repeated problems with the sound during the pre-game/lunch/tea materials. With the Roku, I get to choose from 3 feeds (all the same) - I'd often have to toggle between them to get the sound during the pre-game/lunch/tea programming, and sometimes to avoid buffering problems during play.

With Dishworld, do you just have the option of the single Willow TV channel? Or can you choose from multiple games if they're taking place at the same time?

Thanks

#103 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Is anyone watching Willow coverage of the Aus-Ind tests via Willow online streaming or Dishworld streaming?

I generally use Willow app on Roku. I had no problems with the first two tests, but during the third test, more problems crept in. It was never terrible, but there were occasional problems with buffering/stuttering. Also, repeated problems with the sound during the pre-game/lunch/tea materials. With the Roku, I get to choose from 3 feeds (all the same) - I'd often have to toggle between them to get the sound during the pre-game/lunch/tea programming, and sometimes to avoid buffering problems during play.

With Dishworld, do you just have the option of the single Willow TV channel? Or can you choose from multiple games if they're taking place at the same time?

Thanks

There is no option with Dishworld. Only one match is shown based on the priority.

But the quality is very good.

#104 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Carribean Super50 Regional is on espn3 live

#105 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

Dish Network is advertising ICC World Cup 2015 in SD for $99.00.

#106 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

http://www.indiantel...st-in-4k-150129

#107 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Pakistan Vs. New Zealand ODI on Willow tv

#108 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

ESPNCricket2015

for $100 check back on Feb 3rd

Edited by saisport, 31 January 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#109 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

So it is not FREE in WatchESPN? That is disappointing...

#110 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

ESPNCricket2015

for $100 check back on Feb 3rd

will espn online be HD quality?

will dish PPV be HD quality?

with one subscription can I watch both online and on dish PPV?

#111 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

So it is not FREE in WatchESPN? That is disappointing...

Nope. As far I know

will espn online be HD quality?

will dish PPV be HD quality?

with one subscription can I watch both online and on dish PPV?

Yes it will be in HD (Considering past ESPN stream and also depends on your internet speed)

As of now Dish is only advertising in SD for $99 on Channel #456 and all of you know that can change any time without notice

Let's be more practical well atlast by the how the cricket broadcasting goes in US it will be never a one package. They want to sucked maximum out of you all :bang

So on the final note it is going to be disaster world cup broadcasting..

#112 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

Nope. As far I know

Yes it will be in HD (Considering past ESPN stream and also depends on your internet speed)

As of now Dish is only advertising in SD for $99 on Channel #456 and all of you know that can change any time without notice

Let's be more practical well atlast by the how the cricket broadcasting goes in US it will be never a one package. They want to sucked maximum out of you all :bang

So on the final note it is going to be disaster world cup broadcasting..

When ESPN closed the deal back in March 2011, ESPN said free Cricket World Cup. ESPN took their media accreditation to the Cricket giants. ICC Twenty20 tournaments and ICC Champions Trophy have been seen for free on WatchESPN.

I already said how Dish present the Cricket World Cup pay model back in 1999. The triple digit price figure has come down. Disaster broadcasting will come from poor picture conversion and the overload of watts used. ESPN, Dish & Rogers should know the DVB quickly before they have their screens saying technical difficulties please stand by messages.

#113 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

When ESPN closed the deal back in March 2011, ESPN said free Cricket World Cup. ESPN took their media accreditation to the Cricket giants. ICC Twenty20 tournaments and ICC Champions Trophy have been seen for free on WatchESPN.

I already said how Dish present the Cricket World Cup pay model back in 1999. The triple digit price figure has come down. Disaster broadcasting will come from poor picture conversion and the overload of watts used. ESPN, Dish & Rogers should know the DVB quickly before they have their screens saying technical difficulties please stand by messages.

will it be HD on dish?

#114 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

Dish.com on their home page advertising ICC World Cup for $99.00 in HD and SD

HD Channels 455 and 469

SD Channels 456, 457 and 458

http://www.mydish.co...nts/cricket#ICC

But when i try to go to order page it only says SD

#115 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

Dish.com on their home page advertising ICC World Cup for $99.00 in HD and SD

HD Channels 455 and 469

SD Channels 456, 457 and 458

http://www.mydish.co...nts/cricket#ICC

But when i try to go to order page it only says SD

I don't see channel number 469 on my dish program guide. Do you see on your program guide?

#116 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

No 469 on my receiver. Maybe will be unlinked later

#117 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

I don't see channel number 469 on my dish program guide. Do you see on your program guide?

No 469 on my receiver. Maybe will be unlinked later

nope i dont see either

however i talked to Dish Chat support today and the guy said its in HD & SD and once you order it should populate the channels you order in PPV. so i am going to wait for ESPN and may order from Dish but will wait till last moment

#118 OFFLINE   BouncerYorker

BouncerYorker

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

If you have a Dish subscription, which option is better ESPN or Dish? Both seem to have the same price. What are the pros and cons of their offers?

#119 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

If you have a Dish subscription, which option is better ESPN or Dish? Both seem to have the same price. What are the pros and cons of their offers?

I would prefer dish because it will transmit over the satellite. ESPN is through public Internet and there could be buffering issues. Lately, when I was watching cricket on espn3 (SL vs NZ series) I encountered picture freezing due to buffering.

#120 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

Does anybody contacted Dish network and asked if they are going to see in HD or not??

#121 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

Does anybody contacted Dish network and asked if they are going to see in HD or not??

Dish add is showing the same price for both HD and SD version. I guess you get both streams for 99. The problem is one of the HD channel mentioned by dish is not listed in the guide.

Also no mention of warm up games and pre and post match shows.

#122 OFFLINE   BouncerYorker

BouncerYorker

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

Are Dish and ESPN offering the same content in their 2015 World Cup packages? Do both include practice matches and replays or does the Dish offer not include practice matches and replays?

#123 OFFLINE   amitgupta_email

amitgupta_email

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

Are Dish and ESPN offering the same content in their 2015 World Cup packages? Do both include practice matches and replays or does the Dish offer not include practice matches and replays?

ESPN ultimately holds the rights and is using Dish as a distribution platform. So my guess is that the content should be similar.

Dish CRS on chat confirmed that it will be both in SD and HD. Also ESPN is only allowing 1 user at a time - so Dish might be a better choice.

#124 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

ESPN ultimately holds the rights and is using Dish as a distribution platform. So my guess is that the content should be similar.

Dish CRS on chat confirmed that it will be both in SD and HD. Also ESPN is only allowing 1 user at a time - so Dish might be a better choice.

Channel 455 or any other channel has any information related to this WC so far. The warm up games are just 3 days away. Schedules should have been populated by now imo

Not to mention UFC fight is schedule for Feb 28 at 10pm. How dish will carry HD game at the same time then.

Edited by rajmarie, 04 February 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#125 OFFLINE   amitgupta_email

amitgupta_email

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

Channel 455 or any other channel has any information related to this WC so far. The warm up games are just 3 days away. Schedules should have been populated by now imo

Not to mention UFC fight is schedule for Feb 28 at 10pm. How dish will carry HD game at the same time then.

No information yet on the channel guide - but that's not new for these special PPV events.

Dish can easily uplink new HD channels for PPV - so UFC fight will not have any impact.

Not too sure about warm-up games though - ESPN might end up showing it only on its streaming service - but they won't gain much from it - so my guess is it will be on Dish but will probably have to wait till the weekend to figure out.

Edited by amitgupta_email, 04 February 2015 - 02:29 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...