Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Jerry Jones would support expanding playoffs for more teams.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,227 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

LA. You know that's what the NFL wants.

I'm not sure on that!  One would think if the NFL really wanted a team there they would have done more in the last 20 years than they have..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,252 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

I thought about that too... actually, I really have thought about it for the NBA since they do have a D-league... The NBA could relegate much of the eastern conference to the D-league! :)

The NFL doesn't really have a farm system the same way Baseball and to some extent the NBA do... Given the level of contact and potential for injury, I'm not sure the NFL really could have a farm-system in any meaningful way because you wouldn't want to play anyone and risk them getting hurt in the developmental league.

the nhl does have a minor league they use.

#23 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,252 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'm not sure on that! One would think if the NFL really wanted a team there they would have done more in the last 20 years than they have..

Los Angeles has offered the nfl tons of options. They just don't like any of them because none included public money (which is the way it should be) and none made them overly additionally rich to buy in. The nfl is greedy and Los Angeles can afford to say we aren't going to over pay. We already overpay everyone else! ;)

#24 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

the nhl does have a minor league they use.

yep the ahl is the aaa and the echl and chl the aa

There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#25 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

A little off topic but a am still trying to understand the deal that brought in the new ownership of the Dodgers.

#26 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

If an NFL city loses a team due to lack of support, they shouldn't ever be allowed to have a team in that sport again I.M.H.O.

#27 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,898 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

If an NFL city loses a team due to lack of support, they shouldn't ever be allowed to have a team in that sport again I.M.H.O.

Perhaps...

But the corollary to that would be...  IF the NFL puts a team in a city and that team consistently underperforms, then the NFL should never be allowed to put a team anywhere again.

A lot of these teams that want to move because the people "aren't supporting them" boils down to teams wanting tax dollars to pay for a new stadium for them, people still have to pay for tickets even after paying the cost of building the stadium, and the prices for those tickets going up and up year after year... meanwhile, the team paying millions of dollars to players who are not successful on the field year after year.

If a restaurant fails, do you never build another restaurant?  More specific, if a McDonald's fails would you never build another McDonald's?  Or perhaps would a better owner come around and hire better employees and do a better job and succeed with his McDonald's where the previous owner failed?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#28 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,252 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

I know your not. Talking about Los Angeles. We didn't lose our
Teams For lack of support. We lost them because we wouldn't throw millions of taxpayer Dollars at them. That should be illegal everywhere!!!

#29 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,227 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

I know your not. Talking about Los Angeles. We didn't lose our
Teams For lack of support. We lost them because we wouldn't throw millions of taxpayer Dollars at them. That should be illegal everywhere!!!

Exactly!  lack of support was never an issue in Los Angeles. 

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

Protected By... spam firewall...And...