Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Channels in 2014

Any new channels coming?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

Legend

• Registered
  • 114 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:03 PM

Today there is a crawler on 232 saying FCC got 1000's of letters, RFD & Family Net will be basic channels within a few weeks. More details coming soon. The crawler ran once in each half hour.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

Today there is a crawler on 232 saying FCC got 1000's of letters, RFD & Family Net will be basic channels within a few weeks. More details coming soon. The crawler ran once in each half hour.

Oh boy!!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#53 OFFLINE   Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts
  • Location35 mission ave

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:03 PM

3 channels and I found 3 spots that can fit!:)
Smile of a Child:SOAC:SD only:265 it's next to KTV so there can be 2 channels that are for kids and christian!available:all packages
JUCE TV:JUCE:269:SD only: we can have a christian rock channel oriented for teenagers!available:All packages
FUNimation Channel:FUNI:198:HD and SD:we need anime in this provider besides saturday nights on [adult swim]'s toonami! Most dish network customers are otakus!Available:Americas top 150,200,250 and everything pak! Dishlatino Dos and Max!
What do you think James? Pretty nifty right?:) hope you get them dish!:)
Also these channels should be on latino packages:
Nicktoons:NICKT:dos and max!
Teennick:TNCK:dos and max!
Science network:SCI:plus,dos and max!
SundanceTV:SUND:dos and max!
Disney Junior:DISJR:dos and max!
Nickjr:NKJR:dos and max!
H2:H2:max!
Msnbc:MSNBC:max!
TRU tv:TRU:plus,dos and max!
TCM:TCM:plus,dos and max!
Blockbuster at home:Dos and max!
:)

Edited by Antonio Bravo, 19 September 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#54 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,187 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Finding a channel number is the last step toward carriage ... finding money is the first.

Smile of a Child and JUCE may be able to pay their way on to DISH if they qualify as "Public Interest" channels like most of the channels in that neighborhood. If FUNimation is commercial then they would need prove their value to DISH. Even if a channel is free for DISH to carry it costs DISH money to receive and retransmit. Those costs are the base fees "Public Interest" channels are asked to pay.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#55 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,655 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:22 PM

As for Latino, there's a reason why many English channels are excluded in favor of multiple Spanish channels. It's why the Latino packages are comparable to English packages in price vs the price of the English package + $17 for the Latino Bonus pack.

#56 OFFLINE   Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts
  • Location35 mission ave

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

As for Latino, there's a reason why many English channels are excluded in favor of multiple Spanish channels. It's why the Latino packages are comparable to English packages in price vs the price of the English package + $17 for the Latino Bonus pack.

Well there should be a latino package with both English and Spanish channels:Dishlatino Omega:85$ mo. Is that good? But BBAH would still be a paid package but these channels will return in the package:SundanceTV,Smithsonian Channel and SHORTS HD!:)

#57 OFFLINE   Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts
  • Location35 mission ave

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Finding a channel number is the last step toward carriage ... finding money is the first.Smile of a Child and JUCE may be able to pay their way on to DISH if they qualify as "Public Interest" channels like most of the channels in that neighborhood. If FUNimation is commercial then they would need prove their value to DISH. Even if a channel is free for DISH to carry it costs DISH money to receive and retransmit. Those costs are the base fees "Public Interest" channels are asked to pay.

let's see:We have TBN,Enlace and the church channel! The only ones we need are Smile of a Child And JUCE TV!:) just call TBN networks to add them and you get them! As for FUNimation channel we need more anime in this provider! There's a lot of people who want FUNimation channel so just listen to them! 198 is nothing well it was Cloo until you dropped it so FUNimation Channel can be a great spot!:)

#58 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,187 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

Being part of TBN networks is part of the problem. TBN already has Public Interest channels on satellite ... in order to qualify for any more Public Interest channels available slots would be needed that no other qualified entity wanted to fill. A qualified entity with no channels currently carried that wished to have their content on would be in line ahead of TBN.  DISH could still carry additional TBN channels ... but their carriage would not help DISH reach their Public Interest quota.

Two other notes: I do not recall hearing about FUNimation before your post ... so it either has not been mentioned or is so unrequested that I completely forgot about the channel. Also, I didn't drop Cloo ... I am not DISH. I don't work for them. Moderators on this forum do not work for satellite carriers or other providers.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#59 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 770 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

Great I like RFD TV and Rural TV.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile app

#60 OFFLINE   Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts
  • Location35 mission ave

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

Being part of TBN networks is part of the problem. TBN already has Public Interest channels on satellite ... in order to qualify for any more Public Interest channels available slots would be needed that no other qualified entity wanted to fill. A qualified entity with no channels currently carried that wished to have their content on would be in line ahead of TBN.  DISH could still carry additional TBN channels ... but their carriage would not help DISH reach their Public Interest quota.

Two other notes: I do not recall hearing about FUNimation before your post ... so it either has not been mentioned or is so unrequested that I completely forgot about the channel. Also, I didn't drop Cloo ... I am not DISH. I don't work for them. Moderators on this forum do not work for satellite carriers or other providers.

oh then ask dish TO ADD THEM!:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3

Protected By... spam firewall...And...