Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Channels in 2014

Any new channels coming?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   southsider

southsider

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

It's on autopilot until the last of their contracts expire, Comcast is not making any new carriage deals for it and even they don't carry it anymore.

They only carry it in markets that don't have a local MeTV affiliate, if you live in a market where MeTV is carried on an OTA station they either carry the local affiliate's feed or they don't offer it at all.

I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and MeTV is broadcast locally as a sub-channel.  The U-verse channel (136) that brings us MeTV is not the local sub-channel, though. 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

It's on autopilot until the last of their contracts expire, Comcast is not making any new carriage deals for it and even they don't carry it anymore.

They only carry it in markets that don't have a local MeTV affiliate, if you live in a market where MeTV is carried on an OTA station they either carry the local affiliate's feed or they don't offer it at all.

G4 is junk anyway..

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#43 OFFLINE   dough_boy747

dough_boy747

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

:hurah:  My area has METV  in it. we have the CW for a local but why is it we can;t have METV insted.

#44 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

As stated earlier, I believe Dish does not have the satellite space to add all of the sub channels in all markets. I think the only way at this time, would be to add the national feed of these channels that run the old TV shows like METV, RTV, THIS, and Antenna TV.But I have no idea how the licensing would go on something that is already used as an OTA sub channel.  But cable does it. But like others, I sure would love to have something like Antenna TV. Their lineup of old shows that no one else runs is amazing, like Burns & Allen, Jack Benny, and so on. No OTA channel we get the translators from has Antenna TV here.

Some sources show a channel 39 for Antenna TV here, but the Tribune station in  Portland (32) has never had the money to offer their station on the Oregon coast. There is no direct way, as the other stations use a pickup point between Portland and the coast. But we do have most Portland stations OTA here on translators. We can only hope 32 will add one in time. They are the WB station and their subs are THIS and Antenna TV.

#45 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

As stated earlier, I believe Dish does not have the satellite space to add all of the sub channels in all markets. I think the only way at this time, would be to add the national feed of these channels that run the old TV shows like METV, RTV, THIS, and Antenna TV.But I have no idea how the licensing would go on something that is already used as an OTA sub channel.  But cable does it. But like others, I sure would love to have something like Antenna TV. Their lineup of old shows that no one else runs is amazing, like Burns & Allen, Jack Benny, and so on. No OTA channel we get the translators from has Antenna TV here.

Some sources show a channel 39 for Antenna TV here, but the Tribune station in  Portland (32) has never had the money to offer their station on the Oregon coast. There is no direct way, as the other stations use a pickup point between Portland and the coast. But we do have most Portland stations OTA here on translators. We can only hope 32 will add one in time. They are the WB station and their subs are THIS and Antenna TV.

KRON in San Francisco has AntennTV on a sub channel.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#46 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

I found out today that KATU-2 Portland has added a second sub channel for Get TV. Their lineup is 2.1 KATU (ABC) 2.2 METV 2.3 Get TV. They are the only channel that has not changed their translator from analog to digital, so we are still waiting on that. They have the CP, but hasn't changed as yet. So at least some new channels will be OTA here.

#47 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

After seeing DISH Business with back-round music on channel 998, I googled Dish Business Info 998 and got this undated message:

WVMlogoredlined.jpg   

dish998.jpg

Friends,

To the best of our current knowledge ALL Western Video Market DISH Network broadcasts are going to be carried exclusively on DISH channel 998.  

DISH 998 is located on their HDTV (High Definition) satellite, called 129 for its place in the sky at 129 degrees West. This satellite carries all of DISH’s Hi-Definition programming. In order to watch any programming on Channel 998, you MUST HAVE the proper equipment for viewing that particular satellite.

If you are currently watching Hi-Def programming on DISH, you are probably OK, but you should check by going to Channel 998 to make sure. If you see a slate that says, “DISH Business”, you’ve found it. If the channel guide won’t take you to 998, you don’t have it.

If you are NOT currently signed up for HDTV programming, you will most likely have to upgrade your equipment so your receiver can find the correct satellite. Most DISH dealers will provide the equipment and install the upgrade for FREE….with a commitment to one of DISH’s HD packages.

To find out your status….or to locate a DISH dealer for an upgrade…. please give a call to DISH:
(800) 333-3474  

or...find a DISH dealer on the Internet at: www.dish.com

Again …ALL WVM DISH broadcasts will be on Channel 998. This doesn’t allow much time for an equipment changeover, if it’s required, so you need to get ahold of DISH as soon as you can.

We apologize for this inconvenience but it will allow WVM sales to maintain a consistent channel over the course of the next few years. If you have any other questions, please send us an email:wvm@wvmcattle.com …or give us a call at: (530) 347-3793.

Thanks for watching and we appreciate your participation in WVM auctions.

Western Video Market
www.wvmcattle.com  
(530) 347-3793

#48 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,717 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

"Cattle Country Video" is in the channel 998 EPG for next Tuesday from 11am to 6pm with a description of "Live Cattle Aution".
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#49 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

Guide still says Rural on channel 232.

With the Rural & Family Net merger around 2012-2013, A lot of Rural schedule was on. Now today I noticed Hee Haw and many other rural scheduled shows were dumped. Family Net now occupies the schedule. Good shows like Fantasy Island, Barney Miller, I Dream of Jeannie, Good Times, and more shows are on. 

FYI: Hee Haw still can be seen on RFD TV 231. Now my question is the Rural/ Family Net similar to what happened to FETV/ Cozi TV.? 

#50 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,717 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'm seeing a "fnHD" logo on a letterboxed black and white "I Dream of Jeannie" at the moment.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#51 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:03 PM

Today there is a crawler on 232 saying FCC got 1000's of letters, RFD & Family Net will be basic channels within a few weeks. More details coming soon. The crawler ran once in each half hour.

#52 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

Today there is a crawler on 232 saying FCC got 1000's of letters, RFD & Family Net will be basic channels within a few weeks. More details coming soon. The crawler ran once in each half hour.

Oh boy!!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...