Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Snow brought pole down...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   wxman

wxman

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Another arctic blast this week (and next week too), so the installer will not try again until the 27th. That's understandable. I had already paid for January's service, but was told today that they will not reimburse me until service is restored. I don't like that answer and will be trying to change that.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,913 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Evidently the pole mount installation was originally done bad. Installer said ground may be ok by the end of next week to reinstall it.

Well if it wasn't, poles would be falling down everywhere. Someone went very cheap on its footer.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#23 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,749 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Another arctic blast this week (and next week too), so the installer will not try again until the 27th. That's understandable. I had already paid for January's service, but was told today that they will not reimburse me until service is restored. I don't like that answer and will be trying to change that.

That makes perfect sense as no changes can be made on an account that is suspended.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#24 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

That makes perfect sense as no changes can be made on an account that is suspended.

Yes, but they should be able to make exceptions for situations like this.

#25 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,913 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

That probably would require a rewrite of the account program they're using. Or a chain of command approval that no one wants to get involved in,

Anyway you look at it, it is the customer that must keep a watch on their account. So as soon as your account gets active, check to make sure all your credits and refunds are immediate applied. If they give you another sob story, push for some free stuff.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#26 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,749 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

No, there is no "movement" when an account is suspended.  As Drucifer mentioned, once the TS calls to reactivate, they can mention can mention the credit and then it will applied.  Applying a credit now will result in DirecTV owing money to the customer as an account must have no balance before it can be put on hold or suspension 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#27 OFFLINE   wxman

wxman

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

I guess I was confused about the account being suspended. The payment for January was charged on the 8th of January per auto-pay. That's the day (or a couple of days before, can't remember as I write this) we called in about the problem. The CSR that day applied a partial refund for a couple of days, so on my account it currently says I have a balance of $(-6.00). As I stated above they said they will reimburse me more after service is restored. Thus I'm now assuming the account is suspended. I hope I'm explaining this well (probably not! :) )

We've had to delay getting repairs done again due to the extreme cold forecast in the next week. If the account is suspended, I take it that the autopay for February won't go through on the 8th (and it looks like repairs may have to wait until then).

Thanks for all the info so far.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...