Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Forum Notifications Not Being Received

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,254 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

I subscribed to a forum to get updates whenever anything is posted there. I am finding that I am not getting those updates. I just received a notification via Tapatalk and the DBSTalk app and an email notification as well for a post just being made to a specific thread for which I subscribe. When viewing the forum, I found that there had been multiple posts of the last few hours for which I never received notification.

As far as I can tell, it seems as if the notifications are not coming out for Forums for which I am subcribed. I have double-checked my settings and they are all set to Immediate. I have subscribed to another Forum to see if I will receive notification of new posts in that Forum.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10,254 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Well, I should have received notification of a post in a forum I was subscribed to as there was a new post at 3:41 pm, but that didn't happen. There must be an issue with the Forum Subscription.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Hi...

Looking at the outgoing mail log, I see that this thread notice was going out to you but the forum sections were not.  So I went in and cleared all your watched items and added this thread only back in.  

Can you please be so kind to logout and then log back in, then mark the forums/threads you care to follow and we will see what happens.

I see a lot of mail going out, so not sure why you would only get this one and it was all I could think was to clear your settings and see.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#4 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Correction...you were getting the iOS notices from that thread.  I only subscribed you to this thread and I see the notice went out.

Thanks

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#5 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

From the other thread...

Reply to my new post in this Forum and I'll let you know if I get a notification. I'm guessing that I will...

Then reply to a thread in the DirecTV Connected Forum and I'm guessing that I will not.

- Merg

AH!!! 

You will not get a notice on a REPLY posted in any given thread in a FORUM when subscribed to a forum.   You will only get notices of NEW THREADS that are started in that subscribed forum.  

To get notices on a thread reply, you need to subscribe to that thread.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Protected By... spam firewall...And...