Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GG OOH Cell Streaming

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   compnurd

compnurd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEvans City PA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

Maybe I missed it... But is it correct I am not stream to the iphone app... but You can with the android app?

SWM-16
HR44
2-C-41
HR24
2-H25

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,095 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Don't know about Drioid but yep, no cellular streaming with the IOS app, only WiFi.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Android app allows cell streaming.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,549 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

I've only been able to stream via cellular when out of home.  For some reason, when I am on wifi, it says I don't have OOH.  I am hoping someone has an idea why this is?

• Steve likes this

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

Some public wifi

I've only been able to stream via cellular when out of home.  For some reason, when I am on wifi, it says I don't have OOH.  I am hoping someone has an idea why this is?

I think some public wifi networks block the ports needed for OOH. E.g., I can't use OOH at two major NY hospitals, even though I usually get ~ 8-10mbps guest access.

/steve

#6 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,549 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

I was able to test it at 2 different hotels in 2 different states, and neither worked.  But I haven't tested it anywhere else yet.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#7 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

I've had mixed results on ooh wifi in public areas. I couldn't get it to work at one fast food place, but had no trouble at another. It even worked at one department store that offered wifi access.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#8 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Waiting for my sone to 

I've had mixed results on ooh wifi in public areas. I couldn't get it to work at one fast food place, but had no trouble at another. It even worked at one department store that offered wifi access.

I see you're in LI, gpg. I have cablevision internet here in Westchester, and while waiting to pick up my grandson at school a little while ago, I was connected to the public optonline network blanketing the area and had no issues streaming to my iPhone at about 4mbps download. While waiting at the hospital tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be getting at least 8mbps down and I won't be able to stream. I happen to know they use Verizon Business services to provision their "visitor" wifi network, which must be fire-walled in such a way that GG OOH can't get through.

/steve

Protected By... spam firewall...And...