Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Switching from 4 cable to SWM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mack50036

Mack50036

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCentral Iowa

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I have a Slimline5 dish with a four cable LNB with two HD receivers (H21-200 and H24-700) and I want to add a third receiver.

Simple enough except that when the dish was installed we had to put it on the garage and I buried conduit with two coax cables and am unabe to get another cable thru the conduit so I am looking at switching to the SWM lnb, power inserter and splitter.

So far I removed power from everything changed the lnb, ran the cable from the dish to the power inserter then to the input side of the switch then from the #1 output to one receiver, removed the b band converter, powered up the power inserter and the receiver.  Changed the dish type from slimline5 to slimline5(swm).

I have signal strenghts in the 90's on sat 101 and 119 but the reciever says message 771 can't find satelite.

Not sure where to go from here, any guidance would be helpful.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,283 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

what is the model of receiver you are adding ? not all receiver are SWM compatible

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   Mack50036

Mack50036

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCentral Iowa

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I have not ordered the third receiver yet, I wanted to make sure I could make the SWM set up work first

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,087 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hit "-" on the remote and make sure it reports "SWM connected".  It might not have saved it.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

spam firewall