Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

no ota guide info

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   srfrdan

srfrdan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

im trying this feature for the first time on my hr20-700 and after doing the setup theres no subchannel guide info--why---d

Edited by srfrdan, 13 January 2014 - 03:41 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Do you have the ATSC tuner connected?

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Do you have an antenna OTA antenna connected to HR20? if so, are you positive this antenna is operational?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   srfrdan

srfrdan

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

thanx for the replys---i have the am21 connected to my hr24 and i beleive my hr20 has a built in off air tuner. neither is getting guide info and im not sure if a signal is there. do i need that to get data which has nothing to do it

#5 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

Yes the HR20 has built in ATSC tuner but do you have separate TV antenna connected to the HR20.  Do either of your connected TVs have an ATSC tuner built in?  If so connect your cable from the TV antenna directly to see if you have a signal.

#6 OFFLINE   madmadworld

madmadworld

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

after the last sw update 1-9-14 all 3 of my hr20's needed to be reset up to get the ota channels back. never had this before have had the hr20's for 5 years now.

anyone else?

Edited by madmadworld, 15 January 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

after the last sw update 1-9-14 all 3 of my hr20's needed to be reset up to get the ota channels back. never had this before have had the hr20's for 5 years now.

anyone else?

I re-ran antenna setup on one of my units and lost 2 networks, like they were removed from the database...now I cant tune to them anymore on that unit, they work fine on my 2 other units where I havent re-run the antenna setup on.....I think DIrectv has been messing with the OTA database data again and removing some of the smaller stations.  Cost me PBS and MeTV which is about 6  channels...

#8 OFFLINE   madmadworld

madmadworld

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

now my wife's hr20 is in some kinda hell mode i've never seen in the 5 tears we have had these units. n ot respomding to remote commands seen it take a full minute or more to bring up  the menu. have re booted it numerous times, thinking the FW was corrupted.

gotta look around here for the way to force a new download. think i read it somewhere.......the pain lol

#9 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Probably unrelated, check to see if the HDD is failing....most likely scenario...

• madmadworld likes this

#10 OFFLINE   grunes

grunes

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCollege Park, Maryland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

I don't know if this explains anything, but when I had my antenna next to my TV, I didn't get any program info either. When I moved the same antenna up to the top of the attic, I did. Maybe program info is a little harder to receive than the picture? (Or maybe I did something else different...)

• madmadworld likes this

#11 OFFLINE   madmadworld

madmadworld

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

ended up with a hr22 for dtv. oh well.

tried to work them for a second Genie no luck on that offered to put up another dish still no dice.

#12 OFFLINE   srfrdan

srfrdan

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

ended up with a hr22 for dtv. oh well.

tried to work them for a second Genie no luck on that offered to put up another dish still no dice.

u may have got a genei from weaknees.com but that would probably cost mucho dinero

Edited by srfrdan, 26 January 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   srfrdan

srfrdan

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

I don't know if this explains anything, but when I had my antenna next to my TV, I didn't get any program info either. When I moved the same antenna up to the top of the attic, I did. Maybe program info is a little harder to receive than the picture? (Or maybe I did something else different...)

that would help if ur a good distance from the transmitter which i am, im wondering if u need the signal before the guide data will show in the epg---d

#14 OFFLINE   srfrdan

srfrdan

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

the guide data has finally appearred on its own---thanx for all the response---d :righton:

spam firewall