Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Manufacturer Dash Numbers of Small Parts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Over the last few years DirecTV has been removing the manufacturer logo from their small parts and using a 2 digit dash code to designate the manufacturer. What manufacturer is designated by what number has been a curiosity of mine for some time. Recent discussions over LNB manufacturers makes me think it is a curiosity to others as well. Below is the list I have compiled so far, but it is still incomplete. Perhaps we can all complete it together. For the ones that are unknown, it would be nice to know at least one part that they make so we can have a point to search from. If a source can be found to point to the manufacturer, even better.

DASH    MANUFACTURER                    SOURCE
==================================================================================================================
01/WNC	WNC                             UL Database: search PI21R0-01
02/P	Probrand/Eagle Aspen            Probrand was still marked on their splitters at one point
03/Z	Zinwell                         UL Database: search PI21R1-03
04/F    Funai                           Approved materials list: SHORTBRACER0-04, LONGBRACER0-04
05	Perfect 10/Perfect Vision	Still marked perfect vision
06	Unknown                        	
07	Unknown                        	
08	LITE-ON TECHNOLOGY CORP         UL Database: search EPS44R0-08
09	NAS                             nasproducts.com: MDUSP4R0-09 under products, splitters
10	Unknown                        	
11	Unknown                        	
12	Unknown                       	
13	Unknown                        	
14	Unknown                         Makes LNBs (SL3S4NR*-14, SL5S4NR*-14)
15	CHICONY POWER TECHNOLOGY CO LTD UL Database: search EPS10R0-15
16	DELTA ELECTRONICS INC           UL Database: search PI21R2-16
17	Unknown                         
18	Unknown                        	
19	Universal Electronics Inc (UEI) Dash number listed on multipack remotes, FCC: search MG3 2993
20	Unknown (Stamped HDS)           SLREF4R1-20, Stamped HDS on LNB arm
21	Unknown (Stamped Eagle)         Makes mounts, Stamped Eagle
22	Phillips                 	Dash number listed on multipack remotes, FCC: search ZQ8 RC305B
==================================================================================================================
NOTES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UL Database: http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/index.htm
FCC: http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
Approved materials list that was used is dated DEC2011.
09: Approved materials list lists the manufacturer of MDU3XFLTR0-09 as NAS and MDUSP4R0-09 as Sonora. Likely only 
	one is correct. MDUSP4R0-09 is listed on nasproducts.com as one of theirs.

DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,704 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

please keep the thread with relevant info ... we have many threads polluted by off-topic posts  :(

the topic is:

"Manufacturer Dash Numbers of Small Parts"

Edited by P Smith, 15 January 2014 - 08:47 PM.

spam firewall