Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Local CW showing SEC basketball

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Could someone please explain to me why my local CW on DTV shows flippin SEC basketball instead of Arrow? This is very aggravating. I live in NorthEast Mississippi and could care less about SEC basketball. I don't understand how basketball could take priority over Arrow. Also would it do any good for me to contact DTV or the local CW? I don't subscribe to Hulu Plus anymore so I can't watch it the next day. Is there any other options to watching it online?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
B00BOO

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

It's a decision taken by your local station. You can contact them and complain if you want. it's nothing to do with DirecTV.

#3 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Icon

• Registered
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

it should be on sometime tonight, its going to be this way all conference season

they sell the 3rd party rights and these are the stations that are able to buy and broadcast these games

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

Hey, it could be worse...our local ABC station is showing the same game.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,705 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

I have CW showing acc. They plan to have the Tomorrow People at 11 but the game will run over that. My dvr picked it up but i padded.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#6 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

My guide isn't showing a replay on Arrow or The Tomorrow People. I watch both. I guess I'll have to troll the inter web to find a replay. The community is on my CW right now. Morris Multimedia is the parent company of my CW station. I guess I'll be re subscribing to hulu plus. They show Arrow next day. In HD at that. My local CW isn't in HD on top of all this dumb crap. Thanks for everyone's input.

B00BOO

#7 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

I live in NorthEast Mississippi and could care less about SEC basketball.

While you may not enjoy it the fact you are in SEC territory is why the game is being carried. The SEC games not on the sports networks (ESPN etc) are in syndication so any affiliate can pick it up. Looking at tonight there are affiliates in Ohio carrying the same game. The other game (So Carolina/TA&M) is on great SEC hotspots like Rockford, IL, and South Bend Indiana

Dont worry this is the last year of it. These games will go to the new SEC Network next year

#8 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

Every CW fan should know you can watch the full episodes on their site......

http://www.cwtv.com/...w/full-episodes

#9 OFFLINE   weadjust

weadjust

AllStar

• Registered
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTupelo, MS

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

You can email the station manager Bobby Berry @ WCBI's website. I have emailed him a couple of times with complaints about guide issues and he has always responded but I did go to high school with him some 35 years ago. I doubt it will do any good since WCBI is a SEC Network affiliate and they do have two SEC schools located less than 60 miles from the station.

#10 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Always great using DBSTALK for information. Thanks for everything. I was thinking this was the last year also. ESPN launching SEC Network is a great thing for all us sports nuts. But it's also great to know I can enjoy my shows with out worry of preempted ball games. Next I'm going on a war path to try and get my local CW broadcast in HD.

B00BOO

#11 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

They should really reshow the how's again on Saturdays IMHO.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...