Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBC Dropouts last night?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Last night i recorded Chicago Fire and when i watched it today (or tried to) it would blackout every 3-5 mins. Tonight i tried watching Chicago PD with no issues... Was NBC having issues or do i have a possible system issue?

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

I recorded Chicago Fire and watched it Wednesday. No blackouts at all. Recorded from SAT, not OTA. What was the source of your recording?

#3 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

I recorded Chicago Fire and watched it Wednesday. No blackouts at all. Recorded from SAT, not OTA. What was the source of your recording?

i recorded it on the local NBC station via Directv... wonder if its possible the local feed was having issues?

Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,686 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Do you have an HR34 Genie DVR by chance?   There is a known issue with NBC channels in some markets with some HR34s. 

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Do you have an HR34 Genie DVR by chance?   There is a known issue with NBC channels in some markets with some HR34s. 

Funny you should mention that.... i had a service call about a month ago where my HR34 was locking up on NBC channels and it was switched out with a HR44 then...

It must have been a temp issue as i watched NBC today for about an hour and had no issues...

Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

Protected By... spam firewall...And...