Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper guide suggestion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Dish network could you put the original air date of a program on the guide screen when a show is highlighted instead of having to push info on every show? If its new its not an issue naturally but otherwise that would be nice!
  • 3HaloODST likes this

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Dish network could you put the original air date of a program on the guide screen when a show is highlighted instead of having to push info on every show? If its new its not an issue naturally but otherwise that would be nice!

Although I hated the EPG on my 722 and the lack of accurate information, one of the main reasons for moving the the HwS,  I never remember "wanting" when I selected a program and got what we did in the header as program info when doing so. Now in my HwS I spend more time investigating programs than watching them. There could be way more and better formatted information in the EPG header. Dates would be a big help and a good start. They just need to dump the "trying to look cute" and make it useful and "cute".

And a side note: I saw a DISH commercial that was © 2012 and the Hopper EPG was black with white text. So much better. I was hoping that it was a sign of things to come, but no such luck. So far . . .

#3 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

Same with the time it aired. That I am finding one really needs to dig for. Especially if there is the same show at different times. Like news programs.

#4 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Its slow now too when you push info. Takes forever to switch screens.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,349 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

year and years of proposing our suggestions here fall into these deaf 'ears' ... no hope at all :(

spam firewall