Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Streaming using an Android platform.......

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Anybody know what app allows the phone to be streamed to a desk/lap top?? My XP sees the phone via USB, but not the internet, IE: YouTube Thanks in advance for your answers......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,557 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

I assume you're trying to view YouTube where it isn't allowed.

I'm thinking you need to try one of the VNC server apps to put an Android screen on a computer that has a VNC client installed.

I predict that the performance will be marginal at best.

I think you would be much happier with downloading the YouTube videos and transferring the files to the computer.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Your assuming I've got lots of memory to spare. That isn't the case. The audio is more important than the video in my case. That's the only option? I thought there was some sort of a patching cord available that plugs into headphone jack of phone & USB of computer. Ever hear of anything like that?

#4 OFFLINE   thebigeazy

thebigeazy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSouth Louisiana

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Check out this link and see if this is what you're looking for.

http://tech.firstpos...ersa-21463.html

You'll need your computer and android device to be linked via wifi to make it work.

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,557 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

The audio is more important than the video in my case.

When you gave YouTube as an example the logical assumption was that you were after both video and audio.

You'll get much better results if you more specifically (and more accurately) describe what you want to accomplish.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

Video is just secondary when streaming music vids on YouTube(at least to me). You wouldn't be talking to me like I'm one of your grand kids, are you??

#7 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Check out this link and see if this is what you're looking for.

http://tech.firstpos...ersa-21463.html

You'll need your computer and android device to be linked via wifi to make it work.

Thanks for the link!!

spam firewall